RW Pontus Ã…berg (2012, 37th overall, Nashville)

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
At this point in the season, judging by his stats he seems to be outplaying the more highly touted Forsberg and Collberg

Anyone know why he got snubbed from U18s last year?

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Maybe this kid deserves his own thread?

He is a 2012 draft eligble forward playing for Djurgården in SEL. In 7 games he has 5 points (4+1) so far. The kid is a sniper with great hands and he is a very good skater.

http://www.elitserienplay.se/#/video.1185519051001

Check out the snipe 0.40 in this video from Djurgårdens game against Brynäs :)

Great numbers thus far.

Do you think he can sneak into the 5-10 range at draft time

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm

Everybody was a bit surprised by that, especially since he was awesome in Ivan Hlinka. My guess is that they chosed other players for the top-6 and thought he didn't really fit as a bottom-6 player. He has always had great chemistry with Zibanejad, so it seemed like a stupid cut at he time, and even more so now.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I was just waiting for this thread to be made!

The kid scored his first SEL goal against my team, Luleå HF, and it was a beauty! That slapper must be one of the harder ones in SEL already and he still got a very good precision with it.

If Djurgården decides to put him on the blueline in their PP I could see 20 goals from his stick this season, without a doubt. The shot he got is that good.

I don't usually just jump on the hype-train that fast but I really like what Ã…berg has shown so far this season.

gof

Aug 11, 2010
I was just waiting for this thread to be made!

The kid scored his first SEL goal against my team, Luleå HF, and it was a beauty! That slapper must be one of the harder ones in SEL already and he still got a very good precision with it.

If Djurgården decides to put him on the blueline in their PP I could see 20 goals from his stick this season, without a doubt. The shot he got is that good.

I don't usually just jump on the hype-train that fast but I really like what Ã…berg has shown so far this season.

He scored his first SEL goal in the premiere vs HV71 ;D

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
At this point in the season, judging by his stats he seems to be outplaying the more highly touted Forsberg and Collberg

That was really weird. You should ask Blues scout Anders Östberg about that, he'd still be furious, I would guess. :nod:

What is often overlooked (can we already say that? ;)) with both Ã…berg and Collberg is how complete as players they are. So much skill, amazing speed and shots, but can also dish, and are hard-workers.

Rirre

Apr 7, 2010
I think he and Zibanejad are very similiar. Zibanejad may be more "smooth" while Åberg is more gritty but when i see Åberg on the ice i immediately think of Zibanejad. Would be awesome if Zibanejad comes back and those two will be in the same line. Also Åberg has some really nice 2-way game. Great backchecking and defensive effort in last game against Färjestad.

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I have seen Pontus Ã…berg live a couple of times this season, and so far I think he is an exciting prospect. As mentioned, he has a great slapper and a good 2 way game.

I expect to see him at the WJC-20 later this year.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
For those who have seen a lot of Ã…berg: Who's looking better at the moment, him or Collberg?

I love Collberg's game and from what I've heard they are pretty similar players.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
0+1 today in a 2-1 win over Växjö for Djurgårdens IF.

He also missed a penalty shot.

Good showing overall though and his spot on the second line is proving well deserved.

gof

Aug 11, 2010
1+1 after one period vs Linköping. The assist was sick, if it was intended, and not a failed shot attempt. Hard to tell.

The goal was nifty. A cute little move.

His Beardliness*

1+1 after one period vs Linköping. The assist was sick, if it was intended, and not a failed shot attempt. Hard to tell.

The goal was nifty. A cute little move.

Need to see it. Most of his goals has been sniper blasts, not cute.

gof

Aug 11, 2010
Ã…berg probably scored his easiest goal ever tonight... but hey, it counts! Now 9pts in 14 games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How does Aberg compare to Forsberg and Collberg? I know he's about a year older but same draft year and he seems to be doing a lot better in the SEL.

Rirre

Apr 7, 2010
How does Aberg compare to Forsberg and Collberg? I know he's about a year older but same draft year and he seems to be doing a lot better in the SEL.

I havent seen Collberg or Forsberg play but Ã…berg = Zibanejad. Seriously, they have same playstyle, same skill except Ã…berg doesnt play C. Ã…berg had a good game today, a goal(easy one though), some really good backchecking and some nice moves, nice boardplay. If Zibanejad comes back to sweden i want to see Ã…berg and Zibanejad on the same line.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I havent seen Collberg or Forsberg play but Ã…berg = Zibanejad. Seriously, they have same playstyle, same skill except Ã…berg doesnt play C. Ã…berg had a good game today, a goal(easy one though), some really good backchecking and some nice moves, nice boardplay. If Zibanejad comes back to sweden i want to see Ã…berg and Zibanejad on the same line.

I don't think that Zibanejad will be going back. He looks really good at centre in Ottawa. I think he's going to be a stud for us very soon -- as early as the latter part of this year. If we could draft Aberg...two Zibanejads are better than one yes? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad