RW Nick Moutrey - North Bay Battalion, OHL (2013, 105th overall, Columbus)

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Haven't seen much hype for him. His fellow teammate in Saginaw, Jimmy Lodge, has gotten alot of attention lately but Moutrey is quietly having a good season himself.

Stats
6 foot 3, 208 lbs

2011-12: 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points, -12
2012-13: 15 goals, 25 assists, 40 points, +6

I've watched him all season. He should be getting more attention than he's got so far. If team is looking for a good power forward prospect, then Moutrey is going to be a steal for someone is the thrid round. He really should be an early second round choice. Think Anthony Camara type player. I'm telling you, there are going to be a alot of GM's kicking themselves for not taking him.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Play hockey with him in the summer.

Really nice guy, whose got a good head on his shoulders.

He's out of shape, though, which definitely holds him back. Once he starts replacing fat with muscle, he'll become a much more effective player.

He lacks speed, but has real nice hands and is strong on the puck.

Most disappointing thing about him that I found was his shot, though.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I saw him play once this year in Oshawa when Saginaw came to town. I had no clue who he was but he was arguably the most noticable player on the ice for both teams. You can tell that the talent is there, but playing in Saggy this year with minimal help, you can tell there was something missing. It should be interesting to see how he does in North Bay as they're a better team. Going a little OT here, Tye Felhaber (Saginaw) will be a player to keep an eye on

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Anyone to comment on his development?

Brock hopefully...

One of the most improved players in the OHL this year. He's really taken his game to another level.

His skating has always been good, but it's gotten even better. Defenders are having a very tough time containing him because his first few steps have gotten so good and he's so big. He's also playing way more aggressively this year. One of the biggest knocks against him was the consistency of his intensity levels and desire to play in the middle of the ice. That hasn't been an issue at all this year. Lastly, his two-way play and effort level on the backcheck have really improved too. He's become a fantastic penalty killer and the type of guy who can impact the game at either end.

At this point, he looks like a potential 2nd/3rd line winger, depending on how his offensive game (particularly his shot) continues to develop at the pro level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad