RW Nicholas Caamano - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2016, 146th, DAL)

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
35 goals + 29 assists (64 pts in 67 GP) in his first post-draft season in Flint. Can anyone tell me anything about this prospect? Would be nice if were another Dallas 5th round steal.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Really young player compared to most of his peers in his draft year, playing on a team that had a lot of internal strife, which I think hindered his draft status, perhaps he was overlooked.

He had a really good season this year - started off super hot before cooling off - some his points bounce must be because of the addition of Kole Sherwood onto that Flint team.

He's tall and lanky, but seems to have added about 10 lbs since the draft. I think he's still been growing - was listed at 6'1" around the draft and now listed at 6'3".

Needs to continue to develop physically. I would expect he'll be back in the OHL next season. If he's still growing, that could mean that his play has been hampered by growing into his body and there could be more still hidden talent we haven't yet seen.

He's become a much better two-way player since being drafted - and he'll need to become even better if he's going to make it to the NHL - he has some good all around skill - but I don't know that he will make it on that alone. He's at his best when he goes to the dirty areas of the ice - scoring the ugly goals. Must become a stronger two-way player who is rock solid defensively if he's going to make it.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Didn't see ho play in the OHL but when he came up and played for Texas after his junior season he didn't look out of place at all. He looked good enough for the AHL despite still having a year of OHL to play. Smart kid who understands both ends of the ice. I hope he gets a quality C to play with as his numbers could really jump up.

Regardless of all that I think if not for the age agreement he could 100% play in Texas bottom 6 next year

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Traded along with Ryan Moore to the Hamilton Bulldogs. Join up with former teammate Will Bitten. Should help Hamilton in the goal scoring department.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This a good trade for him. Hope he gets used in Hamilton in all situations. Will be nice to see how he produces on a good team

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Kid has come a long way in a hurry. The biggest thing is that he now uses his size to his advantage - and has added some much-needed grit to his game.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Excited to see him tonight he’s had huge growth since we drafted him could become a regular bottom six player for us

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Him and Rhett Gardner apparently impressed during preseason. It appears both may have bottom 6 potential.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He and Gardner making the case for Nill to ship off some veteran grinders. Cogliano looks good with the kids so i'd keep him. Comeau ( when he's healthy ) and Faksa might be expendable though.

At the very least Dowlings spot should in danger because he's been terrible to start the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad