RW Nail Yakupov - Nizhnekamsk Neftekhimik, KHL

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Sorry, they are not comparable.

same league, same age.

Yak is blowing the numbers that Malkin and Ovi put up post NHL draft out of the water. He beat Stamkos' Sarnia rookie scoring record. The kid is the real deal.

Not to mention that Yakupov is playing in a new league, on a new team where as Ovi had played for Moscow for 3 seasons before his 19 year old season.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Anyone who thinks Yakupov is much better then Oveckin at the same age needs some :help:.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
I dont think Yakupov is as good as Ovechkin was at 19. And it is not the same league, and scoring was much lower in 2005. I think next season it is not unreasonable to expect a 30 goal, 65 point rookie campaign. I would not be surprised if he put up 70+ though with how high powered Edmontons offence will be.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Obviously OV is/was more skilled. Still doesn't defeat the fact Yak is putting up better numbers at the same age. Not saying Yak is even close to OV. Those are just the facts.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
2005-2006 Russian Super League is not the same as 2012-2013 KHL. I dont have in-depth knowledge about the RSL but I do know it was a low scoring league.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
his stats are much better. Why so much hate towards the kid? you need :help:

Lol you're just delusional, I don't hate the kid, i actually like Yakupov a lot and think he can be a 50 goal scorer one day but not as a rookie. The fact is gpg of the RSL when Oveckin was playing was around 4.5, it is without a doubt much higher now.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Anyone who thinks Yakupov is much better then Oveckin at the same age needs some :help:.

Meh, I dont think anyone really believes that. I think they're just shocked by the fact that he is putting up such incredible numbers with low icetime and poor teammates.

The lineup of posters trying to get down on the kid is laughable. He is an incredible offensive star and with his skillset, I think he will hit 50+ goals in the NHL. Youre completely welcome to disagree, but I hope you at least watch him play before you do.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Obviously OV is/was more skilled. Still doesn't defeat the fact Yak is putting up better numbers at the same age. Not saying Yak is even close to OV. Those are just the facts.

I dont get why this has to written in stone.

The stat lines for their current seasons in the KHL. Also of note is that Yakupov is getting rookie treatment and not getting nearly the ice time Ovi is.

2012-13 Moscow Dynamo KHL 14 6 8 14 6
2012-13 Nizhnekamsk N... KHL 13 10 4 14 6

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I dont think Yakupov is as good as Ovechkin was at 19. And it is not the same league, and scoring was much lower in 2005. I think next season it is not unreasonable to expect a 30 goal, 65 point rookie campaign. I would not be surprised if he put up 70+ though with how high powered Edmontons offence will be.

Exactly the dude thinks i hate Yakupov cause i don't think he can beat 52 goals and 106 points as a rookie, i think for sure he can hit 30+ goals and 65+ points.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Lol you're just delusional, I don't hate the kid, i actually like Yakupov a lot and think he can be a 50 goal scorer one day but not as a rookie. The fact is gpg of the RSL when Oveckin was playing was around 4.5, it is without a doubt much higher now.

nice made up numbers.

They are playing in the same league right now, but it just wouldnt be fair to compare a 19 year old rookie against a 27 year old proven NHL superstar would it?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Exactly the dude thinks i hate Yakupov cause i don't think he can beat 52 goals and 106 points as a rookie, i think for sure he can hit 30+ goals and 65+ points.

no, show me anywhere that was said. Please do try.

You said it is unfair to compare Yakupov's 19 year old season in the KHL to Ovi's 19 year old season in the RSL. And that Ovi was by far the superior player at that age. Yet none of the numbers or highlites back your claim.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
I dont get why this has to written in stone.

The stat lines for their current seasons in the KHL. Also of note is that Yakupov is getting rookie treatment and not getting nearly the ice time Ovi is.

2012-13 Moscow Dynamo KHL 14 6 8 14 6
2012-13 Nizhnekamsk N... KHL 13 10 4 14 6

OV and Yak do have similar skill sets but OV just destroys him in the physical aspect of the skills. That's why I believe Yak won't be able to match OV's level of domination. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Oiler fan and would love for me to be wrong. But I can't see Yak coming in and having a OV like impact on the league.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
no, show me anywhere that was said. Please do try.

You said it is unfair to compare Yakupov's 19 year old season in the KHL to Ovi's 19 year old season in the RSL. And that Ovi was by far the superior player at that age. Yet none of the numbers or highlites back your claim.

You asked me why i had so much hate for the kid, all i said was Ovechkin was better at the same age, its not hate just truth. The fact that you say the RSL and the KHL are the same shows you're ignorance.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

How many times did you watch Ovy play in Russia at that age? And how many times have you watched Nail this year to compare?
0 times for Ovy I am sure?
While I have serious doubts that Nail will be as good as Ovy was in his prime I have trouble with people calling out other people's judgement based on no knowledge. The only thing we have to compare them on at this age is stats as none of us watched Ovy play in Russia then. To make a comparison based on the stats is just that, a comparison. It does not make it the gospel truth nor does it make it incorrect.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You asked me why i had so much hate for the kid, all i said was Ovechkin was better at the same age, its not hate just truth. The fact that you say the RSL and the KHL are the same shows you're ignorance.

They are both the top league in Russia at there time. Same level of competition. Actually harder this year due to the standards the KHL put in place for locked out players being eligible to play in the KHL during the lockout.

The fact that you wont acknowledge that Yakupov is outperforming Ovechkin compared to his 19 year old season and compared to Ovechkin this season shows your ignorance.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
[qoute]Yakupov is scoring aqt an unseen rate for a 19 year old on a weak team while getting limited ice time
His ice time is not so limited.[/QUOTE]

before todays game it was 5th on his team for forwards for average TOI/game.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
GPG in the 2004-2005 RSL-4.65
GPG in the 2012-2013 KHL (To this point)-5.37

It's not exactly fair to compare stats between the 2 leagues...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The next Bure

I agree. His style is much more like Bure than any other player. Bure probably actually had more pure talent and sniping ability than Ovechkin. Ovi uses his freakish strength to dominate. This is something Bure didnt have (he was strong on his skates tho) and something Yakupov doesnt have either due to his size.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
GPG in the 2004-2005 RSL-4.65
GPG in the 2012-2013 KHL (To this point)-5.37

It's not exactly fair to compare stats between the 2 leagues...

Is it also not fair to compare their current stats for this season in the same league? Probably not because Ovechkin is playing on the best team in the KHL.

The difference above is actually not that great considering that Yakupov only has 3 less goals in 24 less games played.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
They are both the top league in Russia at there time. Same level of competition. Actually harder this year due to the standards the KHL put in place for locked out players being eligible to play in the KHL during the lockout.

The fact that you wont acknowledge that Yakupov is outperforming Ovechkin compared to his 19 year old season and compared to Ovechkin this season shows your ignorance.

I never said anything about Oveckin right now outperforming Yakupov, you could learn something from some of the other oilers fans posting here, none of them seem to think Yakupov is a better player at 19 then Oveckin was, it's just you buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad