Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
Nail Yakupov
W | LHS | 5'11" | 181 lbs
Born: Oct 6 1993 Nizhnekamsk
Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
Team: Sarnia Sting, OHL

NHL Draft 2012:
Ranked 1st among OHL Skaters (prelim rankings)

dynamic_resize

Scouting Report:
Dan Marr Director, NHL Central Scouting: "He's a dynamic player who plays with offensive energy … he wants the puck and he loves to score," Marr told NHL.com. "But what he's learning now is how to play the game without the puck; he's not an individual player and he has a pretty good sense of responsibility. When I watched him [recently] in London, there was a checker on him the whole game and it was meant to frustrate him. But, to his credit, he found ways to skate away and generate chances. A lot of guys would have been frustrated, retaliate or take penalties, but he showed that he could handle that kind of checking and find another way to produce, so it didn't curtail from playing his game."

Stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130572
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=21228

Videos:

Name Pronunciation:
Nah'eel Yah'koopff

Previous Thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=827074

Last edited:

JA

Want all the raw highlights without the music? Here are 10 minutes worth of pure highlight footage.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
And with the first overall selection in the 2012 NHL draft, the Anaheim Ducks select.....

Grigo25*

Наиль Раилович Якупов (родился 6 октября 1993 года в Нижнекамске) — российский хоккеист, нападающий, игрок клуба «Сарния Стинг» и молодёжной сборной России.
[править] Карьера

В сезоне 2009/10 выступал за команду МХЛ Â«Реактор», в составе которой провел 14 игр, набрал 6 (4+2) очков и 26 минут штрафа. Концовку сезона Наиль пропустил из-за травмы руки, что также помешало ему помочь сборной на юниорском чемпионате мира в Минске. За юниорскую сборную он выступал на Кубке Вызова в Канаде, где был единственным игроком 1993 года рождения. В четырёх матчах форвард забросил 2 шайбы и отдал 1 передачу.

Летом 2010 года Якупов был выбран на драфте КХЛ нижнекамским «Нефтехимиком» под 19-м номером. Тогда же он был задрафтован клубом юниорской лиги Онтарио «Сарния Стинг» под общим 2-м номером на драфте Канадской хоккейной лиги.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Наиль Раилович Якупов (родился 6 октября 1993 года в Нижнекамске) — российский хоккеист, нападающий, игрок клуба «Сарния Стинг» и молодёжной сборной России.
[править] Карьера

В сезоне 2009/10 выступал за команду МХЛ Â«Реактор», в составе которой провел 14 игр, набрал 6 (4+2) очков и 26 минут штрафа. Концовку сезона Наиль пропустил из-за травмы руки, что также помешало ему помочь сборной на юниорском чемпионате мира в Минске. За юниорскую сборную он выступал на Кубке Вызова в Канаде, где был единственным игроком 1993 года рождения. В четырёх матчах форвард забросил 2 шайбы и отдал 1 передачу.

Летом 2010 года Якупов был выбран на драфте КХЛ нижнекамским «Нефтехимиком» под 19-м номером. Тогда же он был задрафтован клубом юниорской лиги Онтарио «Сарния Стинг» под общим 2-м номером на драфте Канадской хоккейной лиги.

I agree

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
[править] Карьера

This. AINEC

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
With a Ducks loss tonight, a Columbus win, and an Islanders loss the standings look like this

GP/Points

Ducks 22 16
Jackets 22 15
Islanders 20 14

Basically 1 Ducks loss, 2 Islander wins, one Columbus win, and the Ducks will be the new kings of suck.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
[править] Карьера

Translation:
Nail Railovich Yakupov (born October 6, 1993 in Nizhnekamsk) - Russian hockey player, striker, player club "Sarnia Sting" and the youth team of Russia.
[edit] Career

In the 2009/10 season the team played for the MHL "Reactor", within which spent 14 games, scored 6 (4 2) points and 26 penalty minutes. Ending the season Nail missed due to a hand injury, which also prevented him from helping the national team at the junior world championship in Minsk. For the junior team he played on the Challenge Cup in Canada, where he was the only player born in 1993. In four matches, striker scored two puck and gave it a transfer.

In the summer of 2010 Yakupov was selected to the NBA Draft CHL Nizhnekamsk "Neftekhimik" under the 19th number. Then he was drafted by the club junior league Ontario "Sarnia Sting" under the 2nd one on the Canadian Hockey League NBA Draft.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
As great as Nail is, Grigorenko may be the better player. You have to love big, skilled centers.

No one has really seen Filip Forsberg, but this kid is a beast. A burgeoning Brendan Shanahan type power forward. The WJC's should be quite telling how the cards fall on Draft Day 2012.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As great as Nail is, Grigorenko may be the better player. You have to love big, skilled centers.

No one has really seen Filip Forsberg, but this kid is a beast. A burgeoning Brendan Shanahan type power forward. The WJC's should be quite telling how the cards fall on Draft Day 2012.

I'd really love to see more of Forsberg. All we have on him is a few comments and rankings.

But it really depends on team need. Does a team need a franchise playmaking center like Thornton? Or an electrifying Ovechkin/Bure type talent in Yakupov? I just think Grigorenko will be more talented at the things he does best. Yakupov brings a lot to the table. High energy, great speed, great vision, nice scoring touch, nice passing, he plays physical...I think he's brings more to the table overall. But we'll see.

No doubt whoever gets either player is getting very lucky.

gotmonte

Feb 2, 2010
New York
I never root for my Rangers to fail. But damn.. this class has some REAL talent in it. Fail for Nail? No. We wont get the top 5 pick spot. But that Forsberg kid looks A.O.K. ;)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'd really love to see more of Forsberg. All we have on him is a few comments and rankings.

But it really depends on team need. Does a team need a franchise playmaking center like Thornton? Or an electrifying Ovechkin/Bure type talent in Yakupov? I just think Grigorenko will be more talented at the things he does best. Yakupov brings a lot to the table. High energy, great speed, great vision, nice scoring touch, nice passing, he plays physical...I think he's brings more to the table overall. But we'll see.

No doubt whoever gets either player is getting very lucky.

Forsberg is a bit of a mystery, but those in the know seem to LOVE this kid. The only chance for us to see him in North America is the WJC. He's got size, speed, skill, and is relentless. This kid is a stud, a gamebreaker and he totally gets overlooked. I think EJ Hradek tweeted that he was the most impressive player at the Ivan Hlinka tourney. Both Yakupov and Grigorenko were there too.

I've heard Mats Sundin comparisons (only natural since he is from Sweden) and Brendan Shanahan. He's also an August birth date so he's almost a full year younger than Yakupov. His coach has said that Filip is NHL ready. Sounds really good, doesn't it?

I'm glad that Yakupov's concussion wasn't a serious one. This year's WJC is shaping up to be a battle. Yakupov, Grigorenko, and Forsberg all showing their wares.

I'm an Isles fan, so I'm very interested to see how they fare. It's going to be a long, nightmare season so there better be a light at the end of the tunnel. :help:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Forsberg is a bit of a mystery, but those in the know seem to LOVE this kid. The only chance for us to see him in North America is the WJC. He's got size, speed, skill, and is relentless. This kid is a stud, a gamebreaker and he totally gets overlooked. I think EJ Hradek tweeted that he was the most impressive player at the Ivan Hlinka tourney. Both Yakupov and Grigorenko were there too.

I've heard Mats Sundin comparisons (only natural since he is from Sweden) and Brendan Shanahan. He's also an August birth date so he's almost a full year younger than Yakupov. His coach has said that Filip is NHL ready. Sounds really good, doesn't it?

I'm glad that Yakupov's concussion wasn't a serious one. This year's WJC is shaping up to be a battle. Yakupov, Grigorenko, and Forsberg all showing their wares.

I'm an Isles fan, so I'm very interested to see how they fare. It's going to be a long, nightmare season so there better be a light at the end of the tunnel. :help:

Ducks fan so I share the sentiment. At this point we need 80 out of a possible 120 points to make the playoffs. So we're pretty much guaranteed a 14th overall pick at the lowest. We're not gonna have much of a turnaround.

Won't WJC include other guys as well? Like Frk and Murray?

It would be cool for a team to have a guy named Forsberg on their team. Lame that that's my first thought. But how cool it be to have another star named Forsberg in the league? I could wrap my head around the idea were he to be a Duck. Though, I don't know how much gravity the word of a coach has...especially one in Europe who probably doesn't have much business with the NHL.

Back to Yakupov...I REALLY want to see him in a Ducks uniform. I can see him being in the Crosby/Ovechkin/Stamkos type young superstar tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad