RW/LW Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st, BUF)

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
He has an elite level shot and the rest of his game seems to be coming around nicely. A nice find for the Sabres in the 7th round. He’ll earn a callup later in the year.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This kid has a wicked release on his shot. Not to mention the radar on it's accuracy.
I true 7th round gem, this kid is definitely going to be a force in the big show.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Unfortunately he only plays on the outside and will disappear if he's not playing on a top line with lots of PP minutes.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Unfortunately he only plays on the outside and will disappear if he's not playing on a top line with lots of PP minutes.

I don’t think anyone’s expecting him to be a driver, we are all aware he’s purely a shooter.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

And given what the Sabres need -- we're perfectly fine with that. We've got our top 2 centers in Jack and Casey. We've got a long-term winger in Sam. Now we need to fill in the top 6 with long-term wingers. We hope Nylander is one....if Olofsson can be one....perfect.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Completely outplayed his countryman A. Nylander, its obvious why this sudden increase of points for Nylander.
Olofsson looks like a stud, awesome pick by the Sabres at 181st overall.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He’s one of the most intriguing prospects in the system because I genuinely don’t know how much he’s even decent at...but he has a legit world class release. His goals...the goalies don’t move until it’s already in the net. It’s unbelievable. But I don’t know if he can find the space for himself to unleash it at the next level. But if he can...I mean...on the powerplay alone he can carve out a career.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Hope he's close to get a call up. Understand that the Sabres want him close. But don't let him rot in the AHL season after season like Nylander. Jut send him back, if that's the plan.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Hope he's close to get a call up. Understand that the Sabres want him close. But don't let him rot in the AHL season after season like Nylander. Jut send him back, if that's the plan.

Nylander turned 20 last March. This is the first year he would have been eligible to play in the AHL if he wasnt a Euro CHL player. Nylander may be on his third ahl year but he does not turn 21 until near the end of the regular season in 2019. I will be worried if he is 23 and has not made it after several years of AHL hockey. I am not worried at age 20.

Olofsson has me excited. Been years since we had a premier goal scorer. Hopefully he becomes Eichels side kick.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Send him back where?

He’s 23 and has played in the Swediah hockey league since he was drafted by Buffalo way back in 2014.
He just finally signed his ELC with Buffalo this past spring, in order to come over to North America.

And I could see you saying “don’t let him rot in the AHL” if he had been over here for years and never seen any NHL time.
But He’s been in the AHL for all of 8 total games.

The Sabres want him to get used to the North American game/smaller ice (which he himself recently said he needed to do) and work on his overall game.

IMO they are being smart with his development.
He will see time in Buffalo at some point this season.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Send him back where?

He’s 23 and has played in the Swediah hockey league since he was drafted by Buffalo way back in 2014.
He just finally signed his ELC with Buffalo this past spring, in order to come over to North America.

And I could see you saying “don’t let him rot in the AHL” if he had been over here for years and never seen any NHL time.
But He’s been in the AHL for all of 8 total games.

The Sabres want him to get used to the North American game/smaller ice (which he himself recently said he needed to do) and work on his overall game.

IMO they are being smart with his development.
He will see time in Buffalo at some point this season.
Send him back to Frölunda if they do not feel he is close to get a call up. Don't let him rot in the AHL like Nylander who's development have more or less stagnated.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Send him back to Frölunda if they do not feel he is close to get a call up. Don't let him rot in the AHL like Nylander who's development have more or less stagnated.
It does not look like Olofsson is stagnating though. I'd love to have him back in Frölunda, but he's not coming back. He's got nothing more to prove in Sweden, it's better for him to get used to the NA ice and eventually get that call up.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It does not look like Olofsson is stagnating though. I'd love to have him back in Frölunda, but he's not coming back. He's got nothing more to prove in Sweden, it's better for him to get used to the NA ice and eventually get that call up.

With the current Sabres roster in mind, if neither Pilut or Olofsson gets a call up this year then it would be alarming to me.
I hope they (Buffalo) are competent enough to not mismanage these players. Nylanders situation makes me weary.

Reactions: felixpettersson

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
With the current Sabres roster in mind, if neither Pilut or Olofsson gets a call up this year then it would be alarming to me.
I hope they (Buffalo) are competent enough to not mismanage these players. Nylanders situation makes me weary.
There is an argument that rushing them to the NHL would be mismanagement. They are fine in Rochester at the moment, though just about anybody with eyes can see that Pilut would be serving the Sabres better than Casey Nelson or Nathan Beaulieu, but I suspect that they aren't preparing Pilut to be a bottom pairing dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad