RW/LW Lucas Raymond - Frolunda HC, SHL (2020, 4th, DET) Part 2

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
watching draft i noticed perfettis and drysdales fathers were on the short side , as in i doubt neither shall grow much taller . but when raymond was picked some thing came up about his new father as in i guess his parents got divorced , and im wondering if any of those guys in the room were raymonds biological father ?

Sounds like a mission for Maury Povich.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
watching draft i noticed perfettis and drysdales fathers were on the short side , as in i doubt neither shall grow much taller . but when raymond was picked some thing came up about his new father as in i guess his parents got divorced , and im wondering if any of those guys in the room were raymonds biological father ?

Jean is his biological father and I don't think his parents have separated unless they did so the last year? His brother, Hugo, was the guy in all-black, btw.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Just so excited this guy is coming to Detroit. I don't care if he's a winger. I think his potential is incredible, he simply does it all at a very high level and I can't help but see a top winger in him.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Just so excited this guy is coming to Detroit. I don't care if he's a winger. I think his potential is incredible, he simply does it all at a very high level and I can't help but see a top winger in him.

I'm cautiously optimistic when it comes to Raymond because Rossi was my guy going into the 2020 draft. The kid definitely displayed top 10 talent in his D-1 but only playing 3rd/4th line minutes in his draft year is not ideal. He's getting more ice now but he really needs to work on his consistency. Some shifts he's invisible, then others he looks like he's going to impose his will on the game and do whatever he wants.

It wasn't so much talent that separates guys like Dan Alfredsson from the Gus Nyquists of the league. It's consistency from game to game. I'm hoping that Raymond becomes more like the former than the latter.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I'm cautiously optimistic when it comes to Raymond because Rossi was my guy going into the 2020 draft. The kid definitely displayed top 10 talent in his D-1 but only playing 3rd/4th line minutes in his draft year is not ideal. He's getting more ice now but he really needs to work on his consistency. Some shifts he's invisible, then others he looks like he's going to impose his will on the game and do whatever he wants.

It wasn't so much talent that separates guys like Dan Alfredsson from the Gus Nyquists of the league. It's consistency from game to game. I'm hoping that Raymond becomes more like the former than the latter.

define ‘so much’

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
define ‘so much’

Nyquist is a guy that has a ton of talent but it's his effort and consistency that are what have prevented him from being a regular 60-70 point threat. One games he'd look like a world beater, then he'd be MIA the next.
Alfredsson was a guy who had a lot of talent but what made him so effective was how hard he worked.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Definitely think Raymond is a hard worker from what I've seen so far. The most encouraging thing I'm seeing is that he's not cheating in order to create offense. He's putting in the work, even if it's not glamourous. Being "invisible" while doing the little things right is not much of a concern to me, at least when talking about someone who is 18. He's only been on the ice for one goal against this season, shoots a decent amount (22 SOG in 10 games) and flashes enough skill that it's definitely evident that he's a got another gear to unlock as he develops.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
It feels like the line he is playing on is not clicking at all, I suggested this line way before the season started but after a few looks I've gotta say it doesn't seem to be working well. Both Raymond and Mursak needs to have the puck on their stick to really create and play well.

Mursak and Hjalmarsson started out playing well together, but it feels like Mursak is trying to adjust his game to fit with Raymonds and it makes his game fall apart.

I hope the HC makes a change because it feels like the confidence in the line becomes worse and worse for each game.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
It feels like the line he is playing on is not clicking at all, I suggested this line way before the season started but after a few looks I've gotta say it doesn't seem to be working well. Both Raymond and Mursak needs to have the puck on their stick to really create and play well.

Mursak and Hjalmarsson started out playing well together, but it feels like Mursak is trying to adjust his game to fit with Raymonds and it makes his game fall apart.

I hope the HC makes a change because it feels like the confidence in the line becomes worse and worse for each game.
I want to see a line of Lucas Raymond - Theodor Niederbach - Elmer Söderblom...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I wonder what his ice time and team scoring levels are like compared to other guys like Pettersson at the same age

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I wonder what his ice time and team scoring levels are like compared to other guys like Pettersson at the same age
Not many look good compared to Pettersson.
Raymond is younger and on a slightly worse team. but still. Pettersson was dominant d+1, Raymond is definitely not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad