RW Leif Mattson - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2017 Draft)

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201709

They guy with the most "Swedish" name I have seen, not beeing a swede. Does he have a chance to get drafted or is just not good enough.

Would be sad if a guy with that name never gets drafted..

Easy for you to say, but i can tell you that the name is highly suspect in Sweden in this case. Leif is no name for someone born 1999, it is an old mans name and totally out of fashion for teenagers. Furthermore, Mattson is missing an S which is what most swedes moving to america did becouse it is how all anglophone languages wants it. The name missing an S does exist in Sweden, but i always find it fansy pantsy in the same way as some parents that remove or replace a letter in a typical given name to make the baby more "special". What it really does is cripple them for life. :P

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Easy for you to say, but i can tell you that the name is highly suspect in Sweden in this case. Leif is no name for someone born 1999, it is an old mans name and totally out of fashion for teenagers. Furthermore, Mattson is missing an S which is what most swedes moving to america did becouse it is how all anglophone languages wants it. The name missing an S does exist in Sweden, but i always find it fansy pantsy in the same way as some parents that remove or replace a letter in a typical given name to make the baby more "special". What it really does is cripple them for life. :P

I am a swede, so that why I laughed so hard. Leif is so out of fashion atm. Same thing with Mattson, I know it is spelt wrong, but if you look quick you dont notice it.

Still gonna cheer for our Manitoban Viking. Heja leffe friskt humör, näta näta näta!!!

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Kelowna picked him up for a late round draft pick a little while ago. Not sure if he is an NHL calibre prospect at this point. Probably lean toward him going undrafted, but it's early in his season so far. Had a good debut though he hasn't had much puck luck in terms of points so far. Kelowna is not a great team, and though they've picked it up recently, he has an opportunity to climb into the top 6...that's pretty much his only chance of getting drafted. Great goal scorer at lower levels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad