RW Kyle Baun - Colgate Univ, ECAC (2010 undrafted; 2015 signed, Chicago)

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Any infos on Bob Baun's grandson Kyle Baun?

Seems to have decent stats and size, one of the 60 players on list for the Hobey Baker.

baun-0.jpg.size.original.promo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Any infos on Bob Baun's grandson Kyle Baun?

Seems to have decent stats and size, one of the 60 players on list for the Hobey Baker.

I've watched him a bit since I'm also going to Colgate. He's had a great year and has been on fire lately, he's been on the first line all season with the Spink brothers who have been surprisingly good. I'm not sure if I ever see NHL potential but I definitely think he gets a contract either this year or after his senior season.

Another Colgate player (sorry haha) that I see getting a contract is Charlie Finn, he's been fantastic in goal this year. He has the NCAA lead in shutouts and his GAA is 2.02, and his save percentage is .925. His problem might be that he's a little undersized for the NHL though. Other players to watch are Spiro Goulakos and Mike Borkowski.

I'll probably come back with more info after the games vs Dartmouth

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
I've watched him a bit since I'm also going to Colgate. He's had a great year and has been on fire lately, he's been on the first line all season with the Spink brothers who have been surprisingly good. I'm not sure if I ever see NHL potential but I definitely think he gets a contract either this year or after his senior season.

Another Colgate player (sorry haha) that I see getting a contract is Charlie Finn, he's been fantastic in goal this year. He has the NCAA lead in shutouts and his GAA is 2.02, and his save percentage is .925. His problem might be that he's a little undersized for the NHL though. Other players to watch are Spiro Goulakos and Mike Borkowski.

I'll probably come back with more info after the games vs Dartmouth

Thanks a lot!

Looking forward for your report from the game versus Dartmouth :).

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Thanks a lot!

Looking forward for your report from the game versus Dartmouth :).

Not his most noticeable game, but he played decently. Used his body and played well with the Spink brothers who are lighting it up this season. Watching him you can tell he's one of the best players out there, but he can't always put it together. Finished a +1 because his linemates scored.

Also Finn is still a treat to watch, I see a lot of potential in him.

They play again tonight, I'll try to come back

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I watched Colgate again, Baun played decently but I didn't notice him for the most part. Who was the most impressive was Mike Borkowski who put up 1 goal and 3 assists in a 4-3 OT win. Scoring the OT goal. I think he was at a couple development camps last year but I haven't really heard anything about him, anyone thinks he gets a contract? I wouldn't bet against it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
i watched colgate again, baun played decently but i didn't notice him for the most part. Who was the most impressive was mike borkowski who put up 1 goal and 3 assists in a 4-3 ot win. Scoring the ot goal. I think he was at a couple development camps last year but i haven't really heard anything about him, anyone thinks he gets a contract? I wouldn't bet against it.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I watched Colgate again, Baun played decently but I didn't notice him for the most part. Who was the most impressive was Mike Borkowski who put up 1 goal and 3 assists in a 4-3 OT win. Scoring the OT goal. I think he was at a couple development camps last year but I haven't really heard anything about him, anyone thinks he gets a contract? I wouldn't bet against it.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/03/21/mcdavid-cant-do-it-alone
Keep an eye on Colgate forward Tyler Baun. He's getting plenty of attention from NHL scouts. Chicago GM Stan Bowman along with representatives from Colorado, Toronto, Philly and the Rangers were in Lake Placid Friday at the ECAC championships to watch Baun play.
Garrioch will need to edit his first name though. ;)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Colgate's Kyle Baun, sought after UFA, likely to take tonite before deciding where to sign. CHI, DET, CGY, WPG, EDM amongst most interested.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Can someone explain why Kyle Baun of the Blackhawks is ineligible for the Stanley Cup playoffs? I seem to recall back in the day guys like Reijo Ruotsalainen and Esa Tikkanen would show up in Edmonton once their European elite league seasons were over and become big factors in the spring. And those are just two examples off the top of my head.

Are all the signings post-trade deadline ineligible for the Stanley Cup playoffs? Is it only the free agents like Baun, meaning the guys who were already property of playoff-bound teams would be eligible?

Also, is this rule relatively new (like, since the latest CBA was signed)?

Thanks in advance for anyone with info on this. I'm just curious.

sureloss

Jan 5, 2006
Can someone explain why Kyle Baun of the Blackhawks is ineligible for the Stanley Cup playoffs? I seem to recall back in the day guys like Reijo Ruotsalainen and Esa Tikkanen would show up in Edmonton once their European elite league seasons were over and become big factors in the spring. And those are just two examples off the top of my head.

Are all the signings post-trade deadline ineligible for the Stanley Cup playoffs? Is it only the free agents like Baun, meaning the guys who were already property of playoff-bound teams would be eligible?

Also, is this rule relatively new (like, since the latest CBA was signed)?

Thanks in advance for anyone with info on this. I'm just curious.

Only players on your roster/reserve list at the trade deadline are eligible for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad