RW Kirill Nizhnikov - Knoxville Ice Bears, SPHL (2018 undrafted)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I dont understand his agent - come play gthl but then go back to Russia when option to play in the CHL? Why ever leave Russia in the first place?

Jamesbay

Oct 19, 2014
I dont understand his agent - come play gthl but then go back to Russia when option to play in the CHL? Why ever leave Russia in the first place?

He's in Canada right now so I think that's just a bluff. I think he wants to play for London. He has the same agent as Marner, who during his draft made it seem like he was going to the NCAA, allowing him to drop to London's pick.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Mississauga should be better than Barrie, better city too, can't really understand why he'd go there instead.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Mississauga should be better than Barrie, better city too, can't really understand why he'd go there instead.
Mississauga has its problems. They look better on paper (but remember they are likely losing Alex Nylander) and should be poised for a run, but Barrie under Hawerchuk is a much more stable organization.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Mississauga has its problems. They look better on paper (but remember they are likely losing Alex Nylander) and should be poised for a run, but Barrie under Hawerchuk is a much more stable organization.

Mississauga has been alot more stable over the years than before and they have alot of young talent. They can ease Nizhnikov into the lineup, Barrie doesn't have alot of natural skill in the lineup. They will be more of a hard working team this year.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Mississauga has been alot more stable over the years than before and they have alot of young talent. They can ease Nizhnikov into the lineup, Barrie doesn't have alot of natural skill in the lineup. They will be more of a hard working team this year.

Maybe relatively. But it doesn't seem like the happiest organization to be with.

And does Nizhnikov want to be "eased" into the line up? Tippett got less time than he deserved last season. Maybe Nizhnikov would like to avoid the same fate.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Maybe relatively. But it doesn't seem like the happiest organization to be with.

And does Nizhnikov want to be "eased" into the line up? Tippett got less time than he deserved last season. Maybe Nizhnikov would like to avoid the same fate.

I don't know who's been unhappy since they've been winning, before yes but situations are alot better. Plus they have a chance to make a run,he can get his feet wet then potentially later in the season work his way into a top 6 role. I would have expected him to shortlist London, Kitchener, Windsor as destinations.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't know who's been unhappy since they've been winning, before yes but situations are alot better. Plus they have a chance to make a run,he can get his feet wet then potentially later in the season work his way into a top 6 role. I would have expected him to shortlist London, Kitchener, Windsor as destinations.
Not that he's been a model citizen, but Day has been extremely unhappy there.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Scored his first OHL goal today. Wow, guy has a rocket of a shot. And also registred assist. 1st star of the game.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Hyped about this kid. Glad he stayed in the O. He's going to be a good one. Should be a 1st rounder in 2018 if he stays the course.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
why is he not on the russian roster which plays at the whc17 now? i mean everyone beside denisenko, svechnikov and khovanov is plain bad. even rotenberg has made the team. the guy is either overhyped or our coaches are morons.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
I got a chance to see Nizhnikov at a Colts game this year being from Barrie, but it was the 8-2 blowout of the Sudbury Wolves and probably not the best indication of where he is really at this year. I found in that game he looked good, created some good chances for Barrie, skated well, but I haven't been back for another game yet. Is inconsistency his main issue? Or is it just that Barrie is a bad team this year?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I got a chance to see Nizhnikov at a Colts game this year being from Barrie, but it was the 8-2 blowout of the Sudbury Wolves and probably not the best indication of where he is really at this year. I found in that game he looked good, created some good chances for Barrie, skated well, but I haven't been back for another game yet. Is inconsistency his main issue? Or is it just that Barrie is a bad team this year?

Barrie is horrible this year and he's 16 so all things considering he is doing as well as can be expected.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

I'd say it's more of a team issue than an individual talent issue. Barrie is extremely weak this year both offensively and defensively. Nizhnikov has some nice qualities to his game including an efficient stride, nice hands, and a great shot in terms of both velocity and release. I expect him to do much better next year when the team gets a hopeful upgrade in scoring talent on the roster.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Could anyone thats seen him play this year comment on his play?

He's had a bit of a rough season with injuries and now a suspension that he returns from tonight. It seems every time he gets some momentum this year, there's a setback. Can see that he's going to be very good when he plays. Creates offense whenever he's on the ice. Only knocks on him this year would be when he drop passes to nowhere and could get a little stronger. Hopefully he can finish the season strong coming back from the suspension.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's had a bit of a rough season with injuries and now a suspension that he returns from tonight. It seems every time he gets some momentum this year, there's a setback. Can see that he's going to be very good when he plays. Creates offense whenever he's on the ice. Only knocks on him this year would be when he drop passes to nowhere and could get a little stronger. Hopefully he can finish the season strong coming back from the suspension.

I've always seen the drop pass as more of a common Russian/ European tactic used when trying to break up the ice. Maybe he is still trying to force these kind of European plays and his teammates aren't on the same page.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad