RW Kasperi Kapanen (2014, 22nd, PIT; traded to TOR) II

FuelTheJet

Oct 18, 2014
Early birthday, and already had 2 ELC years slide.

So we have Matthews, Marner and Kapanen coming off their ELC's at the same time? That sounds fun.

OT: Odds he gets some games on the Leafs at the end of the season?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So we have Matthews, Marner and Kapanen coming off their ELC's at the same time? That sounds fun.

OT: Odds he gets some games on the Leafs at the end of the season?
I think it depends on a bunch of factors. I could see him stay down the entire year if we are in playoff contention and aren't sellers at the deadline. If we are out of it, and move on JVR or Bozak (and move Willy to center) I could see him getting the same 20 game stint Willy got last year, then entering camp pencilled in for a top 9 spot.

As for the ELC's I have a feeling in the case of Marner, Nylander and Matthews that we lock them up a full summer before they hit RFA. Particularly Matthews.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Glad to have him in our organization. With his shot, speed and IQ, you have to think he'll be a productive winger in the NHL.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
No-one ever agrees with me, but I have mixed Kapanen and Matthews before.

I guess they are a tad similar. I don't think I'd mix them up, though. They still have distinct differences in their facial features.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Leafs' "spare part", Kasperi Kapanen with another sick snipe:

Now, has 8 goals, 6 assists for 14 points in 13 games.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Pshhhh every team has 3-4 kappy's lying around, nothing special at all......
but srs this year in the ahl is doing wonders for him.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
To think just a few years ago, Kasperi would have been our best prospect by far (not a slight on Kapanen, just a testament to how far the leafs have come)

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Well he jus 20 years old. Lots of time to develop. In about three years.

Marner, Kapanan, Brown right wing
Matthews Nylander, Kadri centre
Pretty nice

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well he jus 20 years old. Lots of time to develop. In about three years.

Marner, Kapanan, Brown right wing
Matthews Nylander, Kadri centre
Pretty nice
I think Kapanen is at his best on the LW, he actually has a good one-timer. I'd keep Marner on the LW but most good wingers can play there off-wing if needed.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
He looks like such a different player from last year. Going to be a real weapon for the Leafs in the future. Really excited for next year, more so than this one. Kapanen coming up, with Leipsic likely as well. Off chance Nielsen/Dermott/Valiev. Will inject way more talent than what is already on the NHL team.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Definitely excited to see him play on the big club eventually. I only watched a few of his games over the past year, and from what I saw, he seems like he has adapted quite well to the pro game. Obviously the NHL is another step, but he has the abilities to make it translate.

Mad Brills*

He should honestly be playing full time with the big club

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think Kapanen is at his best on the LW, he actually has a good one-timer. I'd keep Marner on the LW but most good wingers can play there off-wing if needed.

Marner is actually a righty as well so the LW would be his off wing. Pretty excited about what the leafs are building. Size will be a big area to focus on going forward on the offence

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He should honestly be playing full time with the big club

Let's him overcook a bit with the Marlies he's still a kid who's learning and he's not dominating the AHL quite to the point where he absolutely needs to be called up like we saw with Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad