RW Joshua Ho-Sang (2014, 28th, NYI) IV

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Someone might have mentioned it, but he reminds me of Ales Hemsky.

I think that's right about his ceiling.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
What an electrifying hockey player. The kind of player that shines in big moments. I hope the Isles make it just to see what he can do in the playoffs. So grateful that he is an Islander. One of the next elite players of the league.

Aug 3, 2010
Good play, but how is Ho-Sang's followup on Rask not an interference penalty??

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Even Bill Peters said that Rask mistakenly took Ho-Sang instead of taking Tavares.

LongIslanders

Feb 28, 2017
Someone might have mentioned it, but he reminds me of Ales Hemsky.

I think that's right about his ceiling.

LMAO, why the heck would you be giving him a ceiling already? And Ales Hemsky of all players. Guy never scored 24 goals in a season and never averaged more than 1 pt per game in a season. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

LongIslanders

Feb 28, 2017
Good play, but how is Ho-Sang's followup on Rask not an interference penalty??

I've watched the play a bunch of times and Ho-Sang was definitely interfering on the play, but he did it such a way that no ref would call that penalty. In real time it's hard to tell who was initiating contact.
If i had to guess, this was a play these guys worked on in practice and part of Ho-Sang's job was to rub one of the guys out of the way. Generally a drop pass in the 3 on 3 is very dangerous if all the players aren't on the same page.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I have not heard much about this guy....what kind of a player is he projected to be? What kind of point output are people expecting from him?

Dog

I have not heard much about this guy....what kind of a player is he projected to be? What kind of point output are people expecting from him?

He’s said that he’ll be the best player in his draft class

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
One of the next elite players of the league.

Let's not get crazy. He has elite skill, no one on this board will deny that.

He's still small and prone to do too much with the puck, especially deep in his own zone. That will not be tolerated and he has to learn to get the puck up ice first.

That being said, wow...does have great vision on the ice and a very underrated shot.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

He's still small and prone to do too much with the puck, especially deep in his own zone. That will not be tolerated and he has to learn to get the puck up ice first.

That being said, wow...does have great vision on the ice and a very underrated shot.

If I close my eyes it's like your describing '07 Patrick Kane.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

He really isn't small though, at least not by today's standards.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anthony Duclair also looked great his first handful of NHL games.

Pump the brakes.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Guy never scored 24 goals in a season and never averaged more than 1 pt per game in a season. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

This is a rather high expectation for a player. Maybe I have low expectation but if Ho Sang can get 60+ points a season and 70 in a good one I would be more then happy(assuming the nhl stays as low scoring as it currently is)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad