RW Josh Williams - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2019 Draft)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Williams is someone who I think definitely has 1st round potential for next year and if he puts it together maybe top 10. He struggled early his rookie year as most do but really came on strong in the 2nd half. Has a skill set very similar to Owen Tippett and already has good size to go along with it. One of the many players out west for the 2019 draft who could be Friday night picks.

Josh Williams at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
High end skill set along with a high hockey IQ. He's gonna put it together, be it this coming year or the next year. I'm a big fan.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Possible first rounders from out west next year: Peyton Krebs, Kirby Dach, Matthew Robertson, Massimo Rizzo, Josh Williams, Sasha Mutala, Bowen Byram, Kaedan Korczak, Harrison Blaisdell, Logan Barlage, Layton Ahac, Dylan Holloway, and a few high end goaltenders.

A ton of guys who look like they could be second rounders, too. It's going to be such a fun draft class out west.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Thats
Possible first rounders from out west next year: Peyton Krebs, Kirby Dach, Matthew Robertson, Massimo Rizzo, Josh Williams, Sasha Mutala, Bowen Byram, Kaedan Korczak, Harrison Blaisdell, Logan Barlage, Layton Ahac, Dylan Holloway, and a few high end goaltenders.

A ton of guys who look like they could be second rounders, too. It's going to be such a fun draft class out west.
that's without Newhook and Cozens

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

You didn’t even mention Dylan Cozens, who I think may very well be the best of the bunch! You could say that Newhook is “out west”, too. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: bukwas

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Newhook's from Newfoudland and Labrador, lots of hype surrounding the kid. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. As to Josh Williams his #'s look good too. Should be a good yr. for the West Coast Leagues for prospects.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I was surprised at how low his goal totals were last year.

I think he could easily get into the 30's this year for Medicine Hat. Dude can really finish and he has that special sense to find open space in the offensive zone.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He didn't get much ice time last year so that along with his injury explains the numbers. Should have a big role this year though and I'm expecting over ppg for him. As I said in op reminds me a fair amount of Tippett

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Strangely traded to Edmonton OilKings in a 1 for 1 deal for an undrafted player today.

Good deal for OilKings.. Hopefully he has a good CHL top prospects game!

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Strangely traded to Edmonton OilKings in a 1 for 1 deal for an undrafted player today.

Good deal for OilKings.. Hopefully he has a good CHL top prospects game!
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he asked for a trade as he was misused badly in MH. He still needed to play better but I hated how the coaching staff was using him. He'd be a great fit with Fix-Wolansky so hoping he's used on that line

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad