RW Josh Williams - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2019 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
17 points in 14 games. I don't know why he didn't get drafted.

I get he had a bad draft season, but I'm sure teams have been watching him for a few years and knew he was a very good player, who somehow managed to have a bad season. You can dock him for his bad draft season, and still pick the guy in the top 7 rounds. So many teams waste draft picks, and then you see a player like this with obvious NHL potential doesn't get drafted. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there was something else to it.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
17 points in 14 games. I don't know why he didn't get drafted.

I get he had a bad draft season, but I'm sure teams have been watching him for a few years and knew he was a very good player, who somehow managed to have a bad season. You can dock him for his bad draft season, and still pick the guy in the top 7 rounds. So many teams waste draft picks, and then you see a player like this with obvious NHL potential doesn't get drafted. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there was something else to it.
I was very excited when I saw he was invited to the Penguins’ training camp. I didn’t really get any viewings of him, but it was disappointing that they didn’t end up giving him a contract.

Seemed like a free third round pick.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I was very excited when I saw he was invited to the Penguins’ training camp. I didn’t really get any viewings of him, but it was disappointing that they didn’t end up giving him a contract.

Seemed like a free third round pick.

Is he even allowed to be signed? I thought you had to be a double overager or AHL/ECHL age eligible.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Is he even allowed to be signed? I thought you had to be a double overager or AHL/ECHL age eligible.
I’m not certain of the exact rules, but I think the Pens signed Jordy Bellerive after inviting him to camp just months after going undrafted in his first year of draft elligibility.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Yes, I think he's eligible to be signed. Teams don't normally hand out contracts to all their prospects. Otherwise they'd hit the contract limit pretty quickly.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
34th goal vs Lethbridge - 1 period in...

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad