RW Josh Archibald - Nebraska Omaha, NCHC (2011, 174th overall, Pittsburgh)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Now 3rd in NCAA goal-scoring with 21 goals in 26 games behind Gaudreau and Haggerty. Has 7 goals and 11 points in his last 5 games.

Can anybody comment on how he's looked this season/potential NHL comparables?

JerseyShore99

Nov 7, 2013
Sorry I can't do what you've asked however as a Pens fan I'm more than thrilled about this, pumped to see him in the AHL

mynameistickle

Sep 9, 2009
Richmond, VA
Since the beginning of January, over the past 5 weekends (10 GP) Archibald has scored 10G and 5A, including TWO hat tricks! It should also be noted that over that span only 3 of his goals and 1 of his assists came with the man advantage, the rest were scored at even strength.

Clearly this strong production to start 2014 has catalyzed his rise up the NCAA scoring charts. I follow the stats pretty closely in the NCAA but don't really have any way to watch most of the games, other than the nationally televised ones. This is probably a good question for Oilers Chick, as that poster/HF Staff Member sees a lot of NCAA action and may have much more insight on his game than me.

I'd also like to say that fellow Penguins prospect Bryan Rust (another in the recent line of great NCAA draftees by Shero) had a KILLER game last night against Maine on NBCSN. Down 2-1, with the goalie pulled and about 1:30 left in the game Rust sniped one from the high slot, top shelf glove side on Ouellette for the equalizer. Then moments later, off the center ice face off Rust rushed into the offensive zone, backed up a few Maine defenders, laid a nice drag move and put the game-winner past the fledgling Maine net minder. It was truly great to watch and he was so determined and fired up from the equalizer goalie he just willed his team to a win. I think the Maine coach is still picking his jaw up off the ground!

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Any chance he turns pro after this season?

He has said that the only reason he didn't turn pro this season was because he wanted to help mentor the younger players on the team. That's a good sign of leadership. He might turn pro at the end of this season, I think that'd be the best option.

JerseyShore99

Nov 7, 2013
He has said that the only reason he didn't turn pro this season was because he wanted to help mentor the younger players on the team. That's a good sign of leadership. He might turn pro at the end of this season, I think that'd be the best option.
"Younger players" includes his winger Jake Guentzel, another Pens prospect, possible future linemates in Pitt

DraftNerd

Jun 30, 2011
Omaha, NE
Word around here is he is coming back for his senior season. Of course that is rumor and it can change but as of now not many of us are worried that he's leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad