RW Jonas Røndbjerg - Växjö Lakers J20, Superelit (2017 Draft)

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
1999-03-31
HEIGHT 187 cm / 6'2"
WEIGHT 88 kg / 194 lbs
Danish League 15/16 35GP-10G-4A-13P-6PIM-(+3)

Thought this guy deserved a thread, Attented the WJC as a 16 year old. According to himself and his coach he plays a defensive reliable game with good work ethics and some offensive upside, furthermore he mentions he needs to work on his shot. role model Frans Nielsen. In the future he is open to a move to either Sweden or one of the Canadian junior leagues, but still says he is satisfied playing for Rungsted. Moved to Växjö Juniors before the start of the 16/17 season.

Saw him in the WJC and think he was decent, of course it is hard to be a game-changer when playing 3 year older players who is best in the age-class.

Anyone seen him in the danish league or on another occasion in the NT? So nice to see Denmark continue taking strides to break in to that top 8 tier among teams internationally.

HFarticle: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=112108191

Last edited:

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Yeah, looked good in WJC. Need to move to Sweden/Canada to play against better competition and more exposure from scouts!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I could see him being over hyped as the years go...until his draft year, and then people will find warts n his game or overstate deficiencies.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Looked impressive at the WJC. Will be interesting to see how him and Hischier perform next year.

I could see him being over hyped as the years go...until his draft year, and then people will find warts n his game or overstate deficiencies.

Well we're only 9 months away from his draft year so...

Danmark

May 5, 2014
It will be interesting to see him play J18 World Championship in Grand Forks.

Anybody who have, heard about some CHL interest?

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Jonas is playing next season in SuperElit. According to hockeyblogger MrMadhawk, it is possible that he is ready to either get some minutes in the SHL team or he will be loaned to an Allsvenskan team.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Jonas is playing next season in SuperElit. According to hockeyblogger MrMadhawk, it is possible that he is ready to either get some minutes in the SHL team or he will be loaned to an Allsvenskan team.

I'm not particularly familiar with the leagues in Europe but moving to the SHL would be a huge jump for him, correct?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Any news on Jonas from Sweden?

Seen him a couple of times. Not a fan. He's gonna get drafted but I wouldn't take him until the later rounds. His lack of compete is worrying. Very low intensity player.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Seen him a couple of times. Not a fan. He's gonna get drafted but I wouldn't take him until the later rounds. His lack of compete is worrying. Very low intensity player.

That is worrying, did not peg him as a low intensity type player.

That is very dissapointing to hear.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
so just a big time boom or bust type?

Not really. I don't see him as a "boom" guy. There's nothing "boom" about his game. He could be a half-decent middle-six forward if everything goes well I'd say. I haven't been impressed at all by his game though, highly doubt he'll be an NHLer.

It's kind of hilarious to me that NHL Central Scouting has Rondbjerg ranked #19 in EU, but Marcus Sylvegård at #131. I'd much rather have Sylvegård, because at least for him I can see him having a role in the NHL, even if it's just as a 4th line pest. Rondbjerg, not so much. Don't think he's skilled enough to be a productive top6 NHL player, and he just doesn't have the compete level and work ethic to be a bottom-six grinder.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Agree that he doesn't have anything really sexy about him, but i wouldn't say he lacks intensity. Reminds me of more thinking, less grinding Melker Karlsson. Safe and sound responsible two way player.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Not really. I don't see him as a "boom" guy. There's nothing "boom" about his game. He could be a half-decent middle-six forward if everything goes well I'd say. I haven't been impressed at all by his game though, highly doubt he'll be an NHLer.

It's kind of hilarious to me that NHL Central Scouting has Rondbjerg ranked #19 in EU, but Marcus Sylvegård at #131. I'd much rather have Sylvegård, because at least for him I can see him having a role in the NHL, even if it's just as a 4th line pest. Rondbjerg, not so much. Don't think he's skilled enough to be a productive top6 NHL player, and he just doesn't have the compete level and work ethic to be a bottom-six grinder.

Thats what they said about Jannik Hansen also....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad