RW Jesse Puljujärvi - Kärpät, Liiga (2016 Draft) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
He did surprisingly well. He pronounced some sentences so good that you wouldn't know if he can speak english or not. He's getting there. A great player but such a nice guy.

Nice to see one of the Finns coming to Metropolitan. Oh wait, I don't think it will be that nice after all. He will murder Streit in Philly's D zone.:help::surrender

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The fact that you think Jones and Drai are even and the 32 moves you up a spot is crazy... the fact that you think edm somehow turns down that deal your crazy. They don't turn down a 1D and an elite prospect because they give up there 2C and a great prospect plus a 2nd rounder... that's absurd. Puljujarvi is equal to Drai in value. Also side note Dubois is the least likely prospect to go to the CBJ. It's any top 3 then brown Tkachuk Keller then most likely all the D then a few others then Dubois. He's not going to be a top 6 NHL player.

Calm down mikey. Pulju has a better pedigree but he has to actually produce in the NHL to get value equal to Drai. That and Drai's a center.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Seems like a funny guy like Malkin in interviews. Hope he dominates like him.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Calm down mikey. Pulju has a better pedigree but he has to actually produce in the NHL to get value equal to Drai. That and Drai's a center.
That's true I actually originally said that but deleted it to be more assertive haha. It's also late. It's like those snickers commercials when I just consistently see people **** on the blue jackets and undervalue everything and I'm tired I just stoop to that level and undervalue back. I need you there to tell me I'm not the same when I'm tired and I'll snap out of it. Your the voice of reason Major.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Did he get measured at the combine? I know he didn't participate in the drills but I don't know if he still got his height and weight done.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
That sucks. I guess we still have a rough estimate but would be nice to know if he has put on weight or grown any.

Height wise he's 6'4 for sure (edit: unless he grew to 6'5 considering he used to be shorter than Laine so he could be a later bloomer), he was the exact same height as Laine the week before WJCs when they had all these promo things going on.

I'd like to know his weight aswell

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Is it just me or does he look a bit like Olli Jokinen?

Now when you say it (i have thinking the same), i see similarities in they game, i don't know what it is, but i hope it's not that "no brain" kind of player what Olli Jokinen was in his worsts. Jokinen was sometimes kind of slipshod in the ice when he play, passing, keeping puck etc. and that i don't want Jesse to come. Yes, in his best Jokinen was sometimes amazing, but still something there wasn't right. But if you mean if he is look a like to Jokinen, then i say no.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I just want the draft to be here already so I can't be excited he's a jacket and not stress about them blowing it.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
If Pulju is available for EDM at #4 we sprint to the stage and draft him. McDavid has his RW for the next 15-20 years.

You pick him, but keep in mind not many players play for 15-20 years in the NHL, especially on the same line for the same team. Unless they're twins!

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You pick him, but keep in mind not many players play for 15-20 years in the NHL, especially on the same line for the same team. Unless they're twins!

If they're franchise players and have synergy, why let them go? I'm sure it'd become one of the most frightening duos in NHL.

Kyyrii

May 30, 2016
If they're franchise players and have synergy, why let them go? I'm sure it'd become one of the most frightening duos in NHL.
Yeah, imagine the speed of that line...
I have to admit that I am slowly warming about idea Pulju playing in Edmonton. Before season started and well after that I hoped that he ends up everywhere else than Edmonton. But now I'm not so freak out about the idea that IF CBJ does something drastic in draft and Oilers come running and take Jesse. I have liked McDavis style both in The Show and Worlds so...

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Jesse would have had BY FAR the best VO2 max in this group if he could have participated in the physical tests. He has recorded 74 VO2 max result earlier this season.

Not that it matters very much but this could be one of the reasons he was so good even playing when with major illness in the U18 finals. His stamina should be very good with that kind of a result.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
I'm not sure if this is posted already, but
Pulju did do some tests, at least left & right hand grip and wing span

https://link.nhl.com/centralscouting/public/

I wonder why he didn't take the measurements if he took the time to do some of the tests.

He seems to have pretty impressive grip strength. Top 10 for both hands in the whole draft class (among those who attended the physical tests). I wonder how grip strength actually translates to an ability on ice.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I wonder why he didn't take the measurements if he took the time to do some of the tests.

He seems to have pretty impressive grip strength. Top 10 for both hands in the whole draft class (among those who attended the physical tests). I wonder how grip strength actually translates to an ability on ice.

The NHL web site only publishes the top 25 results for each test. It's likely he did most of the tests but only finished top 25 on a few.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
The NHL web site only publishes the top 25 results for each test. It's likely he did most of the tests but only finished top 25 on a few.

It was confirmed before the combine that he wasn't going to take part in any of the physical tests because of his recent knee injury. It turns out he took at least some of the test, unclear which ones if not each of them.

I would assume he took only the tests that don't require lower body strength. And if he didn't skip the measurements I would also assume we'd seen the results by now.

Kyyrii

May 30, 2016
No, those were the only ones he could do. I think that what JC meant is that why they didn't measure his height and weight also.

I do think that they did those grip test earlier on - maybe same time when they did medicals. Funny thought if they didn't get his height and weight at the same time. Which I think they did, it only seems to be classified information :sarcasm:

And apparently his wrist are ok. Or else his grip strenght has to be HUGE if he has done those test with bad wrists. So he could have done like Laine and do upper body tests. Or then it is his shoulder which hadn't heel properly yet and thus he couldn't do much else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad