RW Jesse Puljujärvi - Kärpät, Liiga (2016 Draft) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Pulju-Aho-Laine to men's World Championships as one unit please. These kids are sick. Kari Jalonen better test them as one unit in one of the practise games.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Pulju-Aho-Laine to men's World Championships as one unit please. These kids are sick. Kari Jalonen better test them as one unit in one of the practise games.

I'd rather see Laine&Puljujärvi play in the u18 tournament instead
and give them a chance to show some smaller rink skills for the scouts,
for the draft,also wouldn't mind if we took the gold while we at it :) .

With Kari Jalonen behind the bench we don't stand a chance at the worlds this year,
he just isn't international team coach,last worlds was bad,this year ain't gonna
be any better,even with Aho.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

I have to totally agree. Each of them is already very good by themselves when playing against men, but together they will be even better for sure. And those who say that this line would be too much of a defensive liability, I would like to remind that when offence is strong enough and you can keep the puck control well, it can mean that the line is after all better defensively than a very defensively positional and well aware line.

Anyway both Aho and Pulju are quite good two way forwards already and Laine is not close to the worst defending pure sniper that I have seen. I really believe it would be the right and smart move to pick the whole line for WHC. It would be like putting money to the bank. You can't lose anything, but you sure can get nice interest rate profit in the future.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
OMG that effort today on those points. Great one timer, great solo gal, pass like Gretzky.

Not comparing to 99 actually, but fast velocity 30 foot pass, with quick release just after receiving the puck, without looking, behind his back 180 degrees, backhanded, trough the deefnder, right on Aho's tape. How much more can assist have skill in it?

Last edited:

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
OMG that effort today on those points. Great one timer, great solo gal, pass like Gretzky.

Not comparing to 99 actually, but fast velocity 30 foot pass, with quick release just after receiving the puck, without looking, behind his back 180 degrees, backhanded, trough the deefnder, right on Aho's tape. How much more can assist have skill in it?

I get the point, but just because of fun and games: since Laine=Lemieux and Puljujärvi=Gretzky, is Matthews then Lindros or Crosby?

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016

There aren't any practise games left for players who go into semifinals in FEL. Its either directly into a team or to holiday.

That being said the changes of these guys getting into Skodacup is, Aho 95%, Laine 80%, pulju 2%.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good that he's starting to put up points. He can work his way back into my top 4, if he keeps scoring points for the rest of the season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
so hes 5th or lower on ur list right now...who the heck are d other 2 guys u have over him?

I just don't buy into the hype. Yeah, he was a top prospect last year because he was playing a lot of games in a men's league when others weren't and he was doing decently well, but the offensive production in Liiga this season has been disappointing. He has tools, but what good are tools when he can't turn all that talent into points? He hasn't noticeably improved since last year.

When you are picking a player in the top five, you expect an immediate impact NHL player, not someone who might figure it out in year four or five or might not figure it out at all. Right now I just don't believe that he's anywhere near ready to be an impact player in the NHL within the next few years. He's starting to turn it around though this season, so maybe he can move up a few spots, although I would still prefer Chychrun 3rd, as I think he's going to be a #1D. To me, I see Puljujarvi as a toolsy winger with high potential, but big boom or bust potential, a very risky pick.

Right now my top ten is in order

Laine, Matthews, Chychrun, Dubois, Rubtsov, Sergachyov, Jones, Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, Juloevi.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I just don't buy into the hype. Yeah, he was a top prospect last year because he was playing a lot of games in a men's league when others weren't and he was doing decently well, but the offensive production in Liiga this season has been disappointing. He has tools, but what good are tools when he can't turn all that talent into points? He hasn't noticeably improved since last year.

When you are picking a player in the top five, you expect an immediate impact NHL player, not someone who might figure it out in year four or five or might not figure it out at all. Right now I just don't believe that he's anywhere near ready to be an impact player in the NHL within the next few years. He's starting to turn it around though this season, so maybe he can move up a few spots, although I would still prefer Chychrun 3rd, as I think he's going to be a #1D. To me, I see Puljujarvi as a toolsy winger with high potential, but big boom or bust potential, a very risky pick.

Laine, Matthews, Chychrun, Dubois, Rubtsov, Sergachyov, Jones, Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, Juloevi.

Anna-Kendrick-Confused-Look.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The top players in ten years from this draft aren't going to be how Craig Button has them ranked. Everyone should feel free to give their own assessment, not copycat "the experts" who aren't really experts at all.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015

Jones ahead of Pulju/Tkachul/Juolevi? :laugh:

cordlessphone

Jul 19, 2011
Nobody knows exactly who the top players in ten years from this draft will be. We can only go by the information we have available, and right now, that points to Puljujarvi being one of the top three players. If you have reliable information that suggests otherwise, feel free to share it with the rest of the scouting world, as it is surely revolutionary.

And no, nobody expects every top five pick to be an immediate impact NHL player. You always draft who you expect to be the best player in three-four-five-plus years. This is precisely why RFA years exist.

And seriously, you're using offensive production as a justification for putting Puljujarvi below Jones, who's putting up <ppg in the OHL on the LONDON KNIGHTS?

Last edited:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

Bold list.
Pavel Buchnevich said:
The top players in ten years from this draft aren't going to be how Craig Button has them ranked. Everyone should feel free to give their own assessment, not copycat "the experts" who aren't really experts at all.

Sure. Anyone can put up a list, place it in whatever order and there's a chance it will be true in 10 years time. You're also implying that by your extensive research by scouting youtube and stat sheets you know better than the experts, which, by the way, scout players for a living.

But sure, I'll take your word that Dubois, Rubtsov, Sergachyov and Jones should be ahead of Puljujärvi, because you decided to put them there for shts and giggles.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dubois, Sergachev, Juloevi, Chychrun, Nylander,Tkachuk, Keller.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'd rather see Laine&Puljujärvi play in the u18 tournament instead
and give them a chance to show some smaller rink skills for the scouts,
for the draft,also wouldn't mind if we took the gold while we at it :)

Oh I didn't know U18 is played in North-America this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sure. Anyone can put up a list, place it in whatever order and there's a chance it will be true in 10 years time. You're also implying that by your extensive research by scouting youtube and stat sheets you know better than the experts, which, by the way, scout players for a living.

I'm not implying I know anything better than anyone. I'm giving my opinion, which can be regarded or not regarded, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm also making the point that I don't know why an opinion can't be voiced against certain players. We all know that re-drafts are different six months after the draft, let alone many years after. Just because some players are thought by most right now to be among the best and others aren't doesn't mean it won't change when people get to watch these players more and against better competition.

Thats why I'm giving my case that Puljujarvi is way out of place right now as 3rd in the draft, you'd be buying into him being able to put all the tools together, something he hasn't shown yet, its a pure project pick to me. I have nothing against him, I'm just disappointed in his production. He's been no better than last season. Barkov had nearly a PPG in his draft season and he only went 3rd, Laine has went from .33 PPG last season in Mestis to nearly .8 PPG this season in Liiga. Puljujarvi has increased his production from last season in Liiga by .02, he's at about .54, which isn't that bad, but for a top 3 pick, thats a big disappointment.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
And seriously, you're using offensive production as a justification for putting Puljujarvi below Jones, who's putting up <ppg in the OHL on the LONDON KNIGHTS?

They aren't the same exact type of player, so the expectations should be different for them. Besides, playing for London doesn't make a difference. He doesn't play on the top London line like Tkachuk does. Where do you think his stats would be if he was playing on that line and Tkachuk wasn't? I also don't believe he plays on that top PP unit either, so he's relying on their secondary players as line mates, not leaching off of Marner and Dvorak.

Also, Puljujarvi plays on the second best team in the league, so I don't know why how good of a team they play for matters in this discussion.

Lastly, Jones trajectory is upward. He's improving, meanwhile I can't say the same for Puljujarvi who has went from a possible top pick a year ago to someone who's hanging onto third for most people on name reputation. I don't need to parrot any of these experts. I'm giving my own opinion that from the games I've watched this season and his production compared to his peers, Puljujarvi is not deserving right now of a top 5 ranking, he's sliding while others are moving on up. It can change though, and Puljujarvi's playing better the last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad