RW Jesse Puljujärvi - Kärpät, Liiga (2016, 4th, EDM) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blabber

Mar 20, 2016
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2068101
- The most glaring mistake: as he was entering the zone with the puck off a rush during the 1st period, he took the puck to the corner which led to a shot from a pretty bad angle. Would have rather seen him pass it to the second wave instead of going for a rebound. I get what he was going after, it just didn't end up looking good for him.

I disagree with this one. short pass where defending players are as close as they were is risky. that time the play just went to the corner. Not a bad option to shoot from there when mates are crashing the net.

Puljus IQ is excellent. Those easy looking mistakes will drop off..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Maybe my favourite prospect in this draft. Even if he doesn't live up to the hype, he's going to be great. Just a great prospect. High floor and ceiling.

If he falls to Edmonton and is paired up with McDavid...:naughty::amazed:

I wish that I had Jesses pick, why cant I find a prospect like that

:handclap:

Kyyrii

May 30, 2016
How many teams interviewed him?
I remember Jesse saying in Helsingin Sanomat that 10 teams wanted to talk to him. This was Monday when he just arrived. And in Iltasanomat couple of days later he talked about 11 interviews.

Yesterday Yle wrote that CBJ has turned down two offers from third. They have apparently been pretty good but not good enough. So yes, IF somebody does something very stupid then the pick is on sale. I do think that it needs to include something along the lines #1C +pick in top 10 + something assets.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I remember Jesse saying in Helsingin Sanomat that 10 teams wanted to talk to him. This was Monday when he just arrived. And in Iltasanomat couple of days later he talked about 11 interviews.

Yesterday Yle wrote that CBJ has turned down two offers from third. They have apparently been pretty good but not good enough. So yes, IF somebody does something very stupid then the pick is on sale. I do think that it needs to include something along the lines #1C +pick in top 10 + something assets.

Maybe they just wanted to check on his language studies? ;)

On the trade issue, Jarmo is such a tease. I understand CBJ are in bad place with their cap, do they have a particular expensive contract they might want to get rid of and could be looking for to package up with their 3OA pick?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A kid like Pulju would thrive on 97s RW, I'm sorry, but I keep thinking about Gretzky to Kurri. A generational left shot Canadian Centre and an elite right shot Finnish superstar.

Come to Northern Alberta Pulju :). I think a kid like Pulju fits better in the Northern climate, do what's best for him.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
A kid like Pulju would thrive on 97s RW, I'm sorry, but I keep thinking about Gretzky to Kurri. A generational left shot Canadian Centre and an elite right shot Finnish superstar.

Come to Northern Alberta Pulju :). I think a kid like Pulju fits better in the Northern climate, do what's best for him.

Can't see a scenario of Puljujärvi not going 3rd. No matter who drafts him. The Oilers would have to trade up. Would be damn exciting though. Laine in the Jets and Puljujärvi in the Oilers is what I actually wished for in the other thread. Still, unlikely to happen unless Edmonton are serious about getting him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Can't see a scenario of Puljujärvi not going 3rd. No matter who drafts him. The Oilers would have to trade up. Would be damn exciting though. Laine in the Jets and Puljujärvi in the Oilers is what I actually wished for in the other thread. Still, unlikely to happen unless Edmonton are serious about getting him.

We don't need to be. Our offer would be the lowest. Reason? We're directly after CBJ at #4.

We'll swap spots and throw in #32 OA at the absolute maximum. We can't move anything more, we need to use assets to trade for right handed D men.

We need NHL calibre D men right now. Pulju is the only player available after #2 that I would stay in and draft. Otherwise just trade #4 for a RHD.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

solid logic right there

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Columbus is looking forward to having Puljujarvi as 1st line RW... and I'm really excited to see Bjorkstrand in Columbus @ RW as well. With Atkinson we 3 legitimate goal scorers on the RW.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Maybe they just wanted to check on his language studies? ;)

On the trade issue, Jarmo is such a tease. I understand CBJ are in bad place with their cap, do they have a particular expensive contract they might want to get rid of and could be looking for to package up with their 3OA pick?

They are full of terrible contracts.

Jarmo ranks at the very bottom of my personal GM pile.

Still, I don't think even he can mess up with Puljujärvi.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They are full of terrible contracts.

Jarmo ranks at the very bottom of my personal GM pile.

Still, I don't think even he can mess up with Puljujärvi.

Shouldn't be at the bottom of the GM list, yes his signings (cap hits) have been bad, but his drafting is looking pretty good right now and last years Jones& Saad trades.

Now that they'll add Pulju not many teams in Metro can match Columbus young talent on paper.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, I'm not sure how well I'd even rate the Jones trade. Or the coach signing. Actually, I rate that one really low. Drafting is more about the scouting team to me.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well, I'm not sure how well I'd even rate the Jones trade. Or the coach signing. Actually, I rate that one really low. Drafting is more about the scouting team to me.

Defense wins, JK has given them the potential to have elite top3 one day.
Then add Pulju, Saad, Jenner, Bjorkstrand, Wennberg, Rychel, Atkinson forwards with Korpisalo/Forsberg goalie prospects and it's looking good.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Alright, perhaps I'm too harsh. But the cap decisions have lead them to the point where they are considering sacrificing Puljujärvi largely so that they can get rid of contracts like Clarkson...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Alright, perhaps I'm too harsh. But the cap decisions have lead them to the point where they are considering sacrificing Puljujärvi largely so that they can get rid of contracts like Clarkson...

They're not considering that, a minority of fans are. The internal line is that it is out of the question. I can't find it now but there is a direct quote from Jarmo on it. They'll deal with financials and contract issues separately from the draft, as they should.

Jarmo has certainly acquired/signed some bad deals, but we're essentially talking about being forced into a buy-out or two to stay under the cap. That's ultimately inconsequential compared to his role in drafting.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Jarmo has himself said that's not a plan.

Trading Hartnell would give them the cap space they need and move one NMC contract away.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Jarmo has himself said that's not a plan.

Not to make anything out of it, but on the general note so would I. "We're open to business, send us your regular variety offers" doesn't get you to where "Yeah no it would have to be like really, really, really good offer", may, especially when just keeping the goods is just as plausible option.

Dangerous times for taking what a GM says for its face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad