RW Jens Lööke - Brynäs, SHL (2015, 83rd, ARZ)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
He plays well with some good energi, not as skilled offensivly as Nylander but little more allround. But he dont get a lot of ice-time either in 5v5 or PP, one of the player with least ice time in the team. But he still have put up some points.

You can compare his stats with some of the this years draft players from SHL, Vrana last season got 3 p in 24 games and Nylander got 7p in 22 games. Lööke has 5 p in 11 games. I dont know if he has played at all in PP? Dont think so. Would be interesting to see what he could do with a bigger role in the team.

I do not have any trust in the draft, it is a complete joke to me, so for all I know they maybe draft him in the 7 th round.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Watched him ~5 full games now.

Solid all round player, good passer and generally gets to the right places at the right times.

I think he has the potential to be a pretty good middle sixer at an NHL level.

He could very likely be a very good pick in the mid to late rounds.

However, I do not believe his production is a great indicator of how good he actually is. Brodecki and Lindblom have arguably been more impressive as younger players when they have played... though they are older.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Watched him ~5 full games now.

Solid all round player, good passer and generally gets to the right places at the right times.

I think he has the potential to be a pretty good middle sixer at an NHL level.

He could very likely be a very good pick in the mid to late rounds.

However, I do not believe his production is a great indicator of how good he actually is. Brodecki and Lindblom have arguably been more impressive as younger players when they have played... though they are older.

Mid to late rounds? Nothing surprise me anymore with the drafts. When a player at that age preform that well on a fairly high senior level he should in my minds be picked in top 10. Not many in the draft would have been better in SHL that Im pretty sure of.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Mid to late rounds? Nothing surprise me anymore with the drafts. When a player at that age preform that well on a fairly high senior level he should in my minds be picked in top 10. Not many in the draft would have been better in SHL that Im pretty sure of.

It's been 11 games. I believe Pontus Åberg was off to an even better start in his draft year. He wasn't drafted in the first round & neither should he have been. You have to look beyond the points. I don't see first round talent in Lööke, he's a solid player.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Early 2nd is pretty much the highest he goes in my opinion if a team really likes him. Depending on the rest of his year I imagine it is more likely he goes in-between ~50 and ~90.

Guys like Filip Ahl, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Gustav Franzen and Fredrik Forsberg all visibly have more overall talent than him when you watch them, as well as producing at better rates in J18 and J16 at the same age.

I like Lööke and posted on the Flyers board that he would be a player I would be very interested in in the third round if he got there. I wrote this back in September. (I watch quite a lot of SHL, Modo and Brynas mainly.)

But when you watch him play he does not have that something extra that makes him a 1st rounder.

I mean, in the 2nd we are going to have wingers/forwards like:

Ryan Gropp, Gustaf Franzen, Fredrik Forsberg, Adam Musil, Filip Chlapik, Timo Meier and Aleksi Saarela.

Waiting to be picked... Lööke may well end up a better pro than several of them, but I just don't think he has the skillset that some of those guys have upside wise.

Oskar Lindblom in 6 months older and was taken in the 5th round in the 2014 draft (after being a massive faller due to concerns about his upside) and he was more visible in the 5 games he and Lööke played together before his injury.

Cehlarik produced at a great rate in limited SHL showings in his draft year, a similar rate to Lööke in J18 and better internationally... and still went 90th overall as his skating was not looking like pro-level.

Maybe in a different draft he could creep into the 1st. But I don't see teams watching him and seeing that.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
He looked really good in last years tourny, I don't see why he wouldn't.

Yes but ironically he was horrible a few months later in the wjc 18 tournament. But nice to see that he produce in allsvenskan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad