RW Jani Nyman - Coachella Valley Firebirds, AHL (2022, 49th, SEA)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like him. Heavy feet but has good hands and can really rip it. I think he’s a late 1st talent that could really blossom if he develops right

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Nyman scored 3 goals and 6 points in 3 games at U20 4 Nations tournament.
Also has scored 5 goals and 6 points in 2 games at U20 Sm-Sarja.
Guy starting the season on fire 🔥

• Love
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He should play with the big club since he would be their best shooter for the powerplay.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Is the expectation that he plays for the big club this year? What are the likely reasons to keep him from doing so?
Just looking at Ilves's roster, they have quite a lot of forwards signed. I guess somebody else has to fall out of the lineup for Nyman to get a chance. He could also get loaned to some other Liiga team.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Just looking at Ilves's roster, they have quite a lot of forwards signed. I guess somebody else has to fall out of the lineup for Nyman to get a chance. He could also get loaned to some other Liiga team.
Ah ok. Thanks for that. I understand one of his big issues is his skating but I believe that could be fixable. Interested in seeing how he progresses over the next couple of years.

Itkonen

May 11, 2016
Now up to 4+2=6 points in 7 games. Initially wasn’t in the healthy lineup because of the depth Ilves has at forward but after some injuries to others got into the lineup and has played really well. Still has been occasionally healthy scratched but after last night’s monster performance I don’t think he’ll be left out of the lineup anytime soon. Is 2nd in goals and 5th in points in his team although has missed 4 games.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He has 8 points in 10 games now. Looks pretty impressive from a PPG perspective for an 18 year old in the Liiga. Didn't realize he had a July 2004 birthday.

Could anyone give details on how has he looked overall though?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think Nyman's been more impressive this season than Kemell.
I guess you missed summer WJC edition where he was one of the top players in the tournament... Sending him back to Liiga was a mistake, this kid should be playing in the AHL right now.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Yep, this was the kid I was most interested to see play for Finland. Big (6'3'', ~220lbs) goal hungry 18 y.o. that has lethal shot. Not much of a playmaker, i.e., not the type that first tries to see passing lanes instead of shooting, and certainly lacks some finesse (sometimes pucks bounce off the stick or shots miss by a large margin), but there's lot to like..

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad