RW Henrik Samuelsson (2012, 27th, ARZ, traded to EDM)

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
That team is on quite a roll as it is and they will be getting Ewanyk back as well in February.

monkeywrench

May 11, 2010
Edmonton
Are you not only aloud to have two europeans on a chl team? If so does that mean pells is gone?
Or is he more consider an north american?

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
He hasn't been overly impressive in Modo this year, neither in the SEL nor the J20 league. However, I think he will do a lot better on the smaller rinks of the CHL.

BLBarmada

Thats a big move, wow.

Got a good player, scary team next year.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Are you not only aloud to have two europeans on a chl team? If so does that mean pells is gone?
Or is he more consider an north american?

If he was considered an import player they would have had to draft him in the import draft. Since teams can only hold two imports at any one time, Samuelson would be considered an American.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
He won't be classified as a European by the WHL.
It is probably a good acquisition.
It is really unlikely there will be very many trades or player movements by the Jan 10 deadline. In the East-Central there really is no team running away with things and there are no teams completely out the running for a playoff spot.

KingJet*

Next year I hear their gonna trade for McNeill and Siemens, Edmonton Natives going for a Memorial Cup

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
I hear that they're talking with Prince George in moving Marincin for a guy like Pelss. A move like that would be huge for us, especially letting him play with Gernat.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
I hear that they're talking with Prince George in moving Marincin for a guy like Pelss. A move like that would be huge for us, especially letting him play with Gernat.

That wouldn't be an even trade, plus that would solidify the best D core in the Dub/CHL possibly for the OK's this year.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
That wouldn't be an even trade, plus that would solidify the best D core in the Dub/CHL possibly for the OK's this year.

I imagine the Kings would throw in a draft pick or two. Certainly on paper Pelss for Marincin is totally uneven.

Thalaros

Apr 30, 2011
I imagine the Kings would throw in a draft pick or two. Certainly on paper Pelss for Marincin is totally uneven.

This, maybe throw in a defender like Sautner on the return plus a pick or two. PG has no reason to hold on to a player like Marincin with how bad their season is going, they're better suited to sell and stockpile picks.

BLBarmada

So Samuelsson will be playing for the US then ?

And wow this team in going to be loaded for 2013, Halifax should watch out.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So Samuelsson will be playing for the US then ?

And wow this team in going to be loaded for 2013, Halifax should watch out.

I would think so. Too many hoops to jump through to play for Sweden, especially since he's left to come back to NA and play in the WHL. I expect to seem him invited to the WJC eval camp this upcoming August.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Right now all this means is that some Oil King rookie gets extra time in the press box with healthy scratch status.
This year it should be called the tradeless deadline in the WHL. The majority of the trades if any, will be to fill in for roster players with season ending injuries in exchange for 4th round bantam picks.

BLBarmada

hell, we're loaded for 2012. Saint John had better watch out :yo:

Ya, no.

Let's not go there regarding Saint John.

So is it safe to say the the Oil Kings can win the Dub this year and next year ?

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
Samuelsson is a big piece for the Oil Kings. He's a mule out there and gives the OKs another dimension. Samuelsson is a potential first rounder in this year's draft. Samuelsson and Oil Kings is a perfect fit. This will help his draft stock immensely.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Pretty shocking move actually. Must be on a sour note with his dad. The whole point of him going to Modo was for him to play under Ulf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad