RW Gustav Possler, MODO, SHL (2013, 130th overall, Buffalo)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Really quick player, great shot. He is a sniper in the mold of Collberg/Ã…berg, not sure if he is as good as them though. Possler will probably get his chances on the senior team later on but he seems to be quite far away from taking a regular spot, I expect him to play U20 hockey for most of the time this spring as well which will probably make him go quite late in the draft. He actually scored in his first SEL game last year but has not played since.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Great skill, very slick hands, lethal shot, fast and goes to the dirty areas and has good hockeyiq and helps the defense. Smallish stature but i like him alot. Not sure if he's 1st round talent in this year deep draft but he could be rough diamond of this draft and could be top players for this draft if everything pans out.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He's a pretty all-round talent, and more of a shooter than passer. It wouldn't have hurt his game if he was a tad bigger. Lack of international competition will probably hurt his chances of a high draft position. He's too old for the U18 and not good enough for the U20 this year. He was terrific last year though. 2nd-3rd rounder?

mikjo344

Oct 9, 2008
Örnsköldsvik
Gustav didn't travel with the U20 team on its road trip and practised with the senior team today. He could see some ice time in tomorrow's SEL game between Modo and Timrå.

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
last post was in november of 2012- any updates on this prospect from people who have watched him play?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
ok. have u changed your opinion of him? - above you thought he might be 2nd-3rd rder, tho that was some time ago....

Keep in mind he started the season maybe as high as a fringe first rounder and my post was in November. He pretty much didn't progress at the J20 level, and had no men's time to speak of either. Not gonna say I watched all of his games but the couple of times I did he held on to the puck too much, but his speed was outstanding. He's got some raw potential. Still thinking he can go in the top4 rounds, the new four year draft rights will benefit a guy like him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Is the SweHl the a new name for the SEl or are they different leagues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad