RW Garnet Hathaway (2010 undrafted; signed by CGY)

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Sorry if there's already another thread about him, I did a quick search and found nothing!

The first time I heard about this guy was in the preseason where apparently, he was close to start the year in the NHL with the Flames. Finally he didn't but now with the recent trades, he has been called up and in 3 games, he has 2 assists, +3 rating, 13 hits (yeah, 13!) and 6 blockshots... he seems to be a very useful player, and I'd like to learn more on him, is there anybody that can talk about him? His potential, his upsides, etc.! Calgary fans I'd imagine?

Looking forward to your comments!

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Depth NHL forward and nothing more.

An honest, meat and potatoes, simply type of player

Plays with energy, hits hard, has a motor that doesn't stop, but his upside at the NHL level is more or less non-existent, even with those 2 assists the other night.

He's a 2nd to 3rd liner in the AHL and a 4th liner in the NHL with perhaps some 3rd line ability.

If he played 82 games I'd expect 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points.

There's really nothing to see here. Move on.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
As a comparison for a Habs player is peg him as a bigger meaner Paul Byron. Has good wheels and decent hockey sense without a proper set of hands. He'll likely carve out a decent NHL career as an energy player and will probably be a good PK'er.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Thanks for the infos guys! 6 hits today, he is now up to 19 hits in 4 games lol, that guy is hitting everybody on the ice!

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He certainly isn't the player everyone thought would get the call up after the trade, but he's looked solid so far.

I really would not expect much from him. He's a physical guy who won't score much but also won't hurt you defensively. Definitely a bottom 6 player, but he's got a chance to stick in the NHL.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He certainly isn't the player everyone thought would get the call up after the trade, but he's looked solid so far.

I really would not expect much from him. He's a physical guy who won't score much but also won't hurt you defensively. Definitely a bottom 6 player, but he's got a chance to stick in the NHL.

Don't know who "everyone" is but I saw him getting the callup from a mile away. He was the second-last cut in training camp behind Granlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad