RW Eriah Hayes - San Jose UFA signing (2006 undrafted)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Pens should definitely kick the tyres. We've got Paul Thompson and Brian Gibbons coming to the end of their ELC and I doubt both will be re-signed to NHL contracts.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I believe he was at one of Chicago's prospect camps over the past 2 years. Maybe both, but definitey one.

He can become an honorary Hayes brother. He has the size to match Kevin and Jimmy.

Jimmy Hayes - 6'6", 220lbs
Kevin Hayes - 6'3", 210lbs
Eriah Hayes - 6'3", 210lbs

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Hopefully he stays in Minnesota. He's so been so good this year and does more than will ever be shown on the scoresheet. Big, pretty fast, physical, good hands, good shot, works hard. There's really no weak areas to his game. UNO tried to shut him down this past weekend, and even though he didn't score that 20th goal, he pumped 19 shots on goal in three games and was robbed over and over by the goalie. He averaged over 4.5 shots per game for the season. I think every NHL team has a role for him.

DraftNerd

Jun 30, 2011
Omaha, NE
Hopefully he stays in Minnesota. He's so been so good this year and does more than will ever be shown on the scoresheet. Big, pretty fast, physical, good hands, good shot, works hard. There's really no weak areas to his game. UNO tried to shut him down this past weekend, and even though he didn't score that 20th goal, he pumped 19 shots on goal in three games and was robbed over and over by the goalie. He averaged over 4.5 shots per game for the season. I think every NHL team has a role for him.

UNO tries to shut down a lot of players and usually don't succeed but Hayes going 0-19 is fine in my book.

Koopa I

Nov 22, 2009
Brantford
returning this thread from the grave how did he looks in san jose's camp this year and when will he push for a spot on the big club

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He's looked much better than I expected in his call up so far...

agreed.

he has the size and skill to be a solid 3rd line player for a few years at the NHL level. He didn't get a lot of ice time in his game vs the Hawks last week, but after the nerves settled down he picked it up and looked pretty darn good out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad