RW Einar Emanuelsson - Luleå, SHL (2015 undrafted)

Northman77

Jun 12, 2013
Couldn't find a thread about him, but he is an interesting prospect that could be a riser if he continues to develop: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=147279

Played with Skellefteå J18 and Kiruna J18 in the J18 Elit league as a 15 year old in 2012/13, scoring 35 points in 34 games (18g, 17a). This gave him a call-up to the Swedish U16 team.

The same year he also played in TV-pucken, scoring 12 points in 8 games (6g, 6a), winning the prize for Best Forward – previous winners include quite a few NHLers.

In 2013/14 he is playing for Luleå, playing primarily in the J20 SuperElit league (highest junior league in Sweden) as a 16 year old, so far having 6 points (1g, 5a) in 12 games. Called up for Sweden U17 where he got 4 points in 3 games so far.

Got on my radar because he has been training with Luleå’s senior team which made the local news. Based on what I found about him, the general consensus from those that has followed him for a while seems for him to be an immense offensive talent but surprisingly good defensively, particularly when backchecking and with good decision-making skills in the game without the puck.

Not very tall or heavy at the moment but looking at his older brother (Petter Emanuelsson, plays for Skellefteå and prospect for San Jose) he got a fair bit of growing left to do. Petter was a SHL champion with Skellefteå last season (and joint top goal scorer for the team in the playoffs) so some potential in the family.

Other fun bits: Rumoured to have got invited to do summer training with NHLers Adam Larsson, David Rundblad, Tim Erixon when they were back in Sweden last summer.

Let me know if you know more about him.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Couldn't find a thread about him, but he is an interesting prospect that could be a riser if he continues to develop: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=147279

Played with Skellefteå J18 and Kiruna J18 in the J18 Elit league as a 15 year old in 2012/13, scoring 35 points in 34 games (18g, 17a). This gave him a call-up to the Swedish U16 team.

The same year he also played in TV-pucken, scoring 12 points in 8 games (6g, 6a), winning the prize for Best Forward – previous winners include quite a few NHLers.

In 2013/14 he is playing for Luleå, playing primarily in the J20 SuperElit league (highest junior league in Sweden) as a 16 year old, so far having 6 points (1g, 5a) in 12 games. Called up for Sweden U17 where he got 4 points in 3 games so far.

Got on my radar because he has been training with Luleå’s senior team which made the local news. Based on what I found about him, the general consensus from those that has followed him for a while seems for him to be an immense offensive talent but surprisingly good defensively, particularly when backchecking and with good decision-making skills in the game without the puck.

Not very tall or heavy at the moment but looking at his older brother (Petter Emanuelsson, plays for Skellefteå and prospect for San Jose) he got a fair bit of growing left to do. Petter was a SHL champion with Skellefteå last season (and joint top goal scorer for the team in the playoffs) so some potential in the family.

Other fun bits: Rumoured to have got invited to do summer training with NHLers Adam Larsson, David Rundblad, Tim Erixon when they were back in Sweden last summer.

Let me know if you know more about him.

I have seen him once this year. He is a good skater with good balance and acceleration. Very good with his stick and made a few very good passes. Never saw him shoot though. Overall offensive game seemed very good and he is probably a top 5 forward amongst the Swedish '97 crop. He still needs to put on more muscles to be effective in the J20 SuperElite league. With gained strength his skating would be even better and he should be able to make an impact in the league already next year. He actually reminded me a bit about Viktor Arvidsson in Skelleftea AIK. A 6-1 version of Arvidsson (assuming Einar grows to the same size as his brother Petter), should have a pretty bright future ahead of him. This is of course very early to tell and only based on one viewing this year.

Northman77

Jun 12, 2013
Another article about him, this time in a national newspaper: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/article18042827.ab

He was chosen to, as a 16 year old, go with the Luleå's senior team to European Trophy due to injuries and call-ups.

From google translate: 'Einar is an incredibly talented guy with good skating. He's extremely quick and good technique in his skating and stick handling'.

Probably won't play much but they have a lot of belief in him it seems, and also interesting they highlight his skating as very good at such young age.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He's currently at a 1.65 P/G clip in SuperElit. Not quite sure how good that is but it's one of the highest in the league.

Is anyone able to comment on how he's been playing? Where in the draft could he go?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad