Prospect Info: RW Eetu Tuulola, 156th overall "Everything is possible, in this life."

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Poster to put in your bedroom:

DzcWyMx.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

Where did he say that again?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I wouldn't count on him playing in the NHL next year tho, but anything is possible, damn right kid.

Everett's GM and coached must be patting themselves awfully hard on the backs these days.

Tre wants this guy in NA. Eetu should listen to the Tre. He'll learn the NA style a lot better, I have a felling he'd absolutely run wild in the Dub with Everett (wouldn't be surprised if he's the team lead in points).

Next year you bring him to Stockton with the EuroLoophole, give him a couple years of professional development... See what you have from there. He even said in a recent interview 3 years he'd like to be in NHL/AHL.

Timeless Enigma

Jun 9, 2007
Richmond, BC
Actual quote was "Everything is possible, in this life."

I see him as a thinking man's Lucic.
What a legend, and that name. Can't wait for when he makes the jump.

Timeless Enigma

Jun 9, 2007
Richmond, BC
I know, but I'd already made that picture before I went back and re-listened to the clip. At this point, I'm in too deep and will insist on my own version of reality. I hope you understand.

Oh, I do. I just think "everything is possible" sounded better. Reminds me of a very polarizing play-by-play man that I love :laugh:

aka Ude, that was driving me crazy when I was watching his 2016 IIHF U18 Championship highlights. How hard is it to say too-low-lah?

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I know, but I'd already made that picture before I went back and re-listened to the clip. At this point, I'm in too deep and will insist on my own version of reality. I hope you understand.

After all, it's possible he said that version of the quote as well. :nod:

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Go Eetu!

If he pans out even close to Lucic it will be a steal. Finland has a little history of strong players with a little attitude, hope it works out.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Does anyone else feel like we killed this draft? I know we won't know for 5 years, but I have a feeling this draft might go down as one of our best of all time.

Tkachuk is going to play. Eetu has skills that will translate very well should he progress. I really like Fox, I think he was probably a late first talent. Lindstrom seems like he could be another Backlund 3C, which is great if we need to move Backs out for cap space eventually. Then we swung for the fences on Philips who's an exciting player. I love both the Parsons Dube picks. If even one of them pans out, it will be amazing.

The only pick I'm not crazy about is Mattson, only because his offensive numbers are not good. But again, if he figures it out maybe he will be okay. Falkovsky seems like he has some real upside to.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
His Finnish team confirmed that he Tuulola is playing in WHL next season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Excellent news. I look forward to seeing him play when the Silver Tips come to Lethbridge

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
The WHL is likely the worst option available to E2.

The kid is 6'3" 230ish lbs and playing in the WHL would be a man playing among boys.

The AHL would be the ideal place for E2 to acclimatize to the NA game but barring that to stay back in Fin Elite league playing against men.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015

The kid is 6'3" 230ish lbs and playing in the WHL would be a man playing among boys.

The AHL would be the ideal place for E2 to acclimatize to the NA game but barring that to stay back in Fin Elite league playing against men.

The issue with going back to Fin Elite is that the Flames have zero control over his development. At least here the flames can keep close tabs on him. AHL is my preference though.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
The issue with going back to Fin Elite is that the Flames have zero control over his development. At least here the flames can keep close tabs on him. AHL is my preference though.

The Flames have little to no control over the development of players in the CHL. The development system in the Finnish Elite league is regarded as being much better than the WHL.

The only place where the Flames do have allot control is to sign E2 and assign him to the AHL.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He will have much more time on ice in the WHL than in a bottom-six role in Finland. He had a bit of an off year offensively so I guess playing in the WHL is going to help him in his offensive game as well. In my opinion he could play in a bottom-six role in the AHL as well, but I don't really see the point in that. He still needs to work on his skating and I think he is best off in the WHL.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Yes, because most 6th round picks are ready to jump straight into the AHL.

WHL for one year, AHL next sure, but I'd rather he acclimatize and excel than sit on the bench in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad