RW David Pastrnak (2014, 25th overall, Boston)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Pastrnak is making his senior debut today. He is the third 96-born player to do so if I'm not mistaken.

Babula

May 31, 2012
What's he saying about playing in Sweden (SSK)?

He is pretty happy. Unfortunately (for us), the level of hockey is way better than Cze. He doesn't want to move to NA before draft, I think. He does not say it clearly, but I feel it there.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Is it right, that Pastrnak is playing in line with William Nylander Altelius for J20 ? And Who is LW for them usually ?

Last edited:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Is it right, that Pastrnak is playing in line with William Nylander Altelius for J20 ? And Who is LW for them usually ?

In the beginning of the season they played on different lines, but after a few games and going forward they played together most of the time and have had 3 or 4 different line mates. For quite a few games Mathias Wigley centered the line and some games they've had players from the mens team on the LW - including Jacob Dahlström and Emil Lundberg.

As it is junior hockey lines shift quite often.

Edit: Lately though he's been playing with the big boys and haven't at all looked out of place.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Could someone provide a brief scouting report on Pastrňák? His assets, flaws?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Pastrnak

+ Nice hands, good skating, good workethics, good overall offensive awareness

- Can develop scoring touch further, prone to make a bad pass every now and then, not great defensively.

For the - part, one have to remember that he is a 17 years old playing in a senior leauge, so some parts of his game isnt developed, like defensive awareness. He's not afraid to try to deke and make a difficult pass, obvioulsy he sometimes get burned trying those things against experienced opposition.

Bonus +: He seem to have a great personality from what I've heard. Freindly guy simply put. Material for a good teammate in other words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad