RW Connor Brown (2012, 156th, TOR)

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I realize he is on a pretty horrible Erie team this year, and I hate to put an emphasis on such a negative with respect to his great rookie year so far (65GP 24G 28A) but after tonights game he is now a -70:amazed:, has there ever been a plus minus rating that bad?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
everyone's +/- on erie is skewed because they've been that bad this year but im sure some scouts have taken notice with the way Connor Brown was playing. Seen him once this year and was by far best Erie player on the ice.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Dont even bother looking at the +/- for that team. You just cant equate it properly with how horrendous that team is.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Connor Brown is in the top 5 scoring for rookies. He has had a pretty good season overall. I don't look at the plus/minus because he was on the worst team in the league.

wikiwikiwiki

May 24, 2011
What is the record for lowest plus/minus? I'm assuming he will go 6th or 7th round if he does get drafted.

fan75

Mar 22, 2002
Montreal
the record is -72, set by Scott Page of the Mississauga IceDogs in their inaugural year.

Same year Jason Maleyko (BRA) and Blake Orr (MIS) were -71

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just looking at OHL scoring for Erie since the Islanders have a player on this team(Pelech) and saw this guy lead the team in scoring over the better known Connor(McDavid). His +/- seems a little better this year (-1). lol

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Just looking at OHL scoring for Erie since the Islanders have a player on this team(Pelech) and saw this guy lead the team in scoring over the better known Connor(McDavid).

Is this guy first round material?
He was already drafted by the leafs in the 6th round at the draft. Should also be noted McDavid is 15 years old and playing with special permission

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He was already drafted by the leafs in the 6th round at the draft. Should also be noted McDavid is 15 years old and playing with special permission

Yeah I just noticed that, for some reason I thought this was his draft year(I was looking at the 1994 and thought the upcoming draft was 2012 out of stupidity) then I hockeydb'ed him and was oh I better edit my post before somebody notices. lol

Should be pointed out he has another 3 points tonight(as does Pelech) and he is now a +2

Ruah

Jul 30, 2011
WTF ! Connor Brown 2 points behind Galchenyuk with 28. Holy Smoke!

Ruah

Jul 30, 2011
btw

Ahead of Conner Brown in the standings, only Monahan and Galchenyuk are younger than Conner Brown.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Connor Brown is quietly putting together quite a solid year. He's a very skilled player who protects the puck extremely well, especially for his size. He's also got great hands and has knack for burying pucks in tight. He's got a great shot too, hard and accurate. His release is a little inconsistent, but when he gets it off it causes some trouble for goalies. He seems like a very good leader and competes every night. My concerns with him are his skating and hockey sense. He has an awkward stride and isn't the fastest guy. He also has very poor acceleration. His hockey sense is pretty poor too. He doesn't read the play very well and his positioning is often bad. He doesn't have the best vision either and tries to force plays.

If he improves his skating I think he could become an NHLer, he's way too raw at this point to start making projections though. He's a talented kid with solid work ethic. One of my favourites for a late round pick this past draft.

WTF ! Connor Brown 2 points behind Galchenyuk with 28. Holy Smoke!

What's with Leafs fans and comparing their prospects to Galchenyuk? :laugh:

Last edited:

Ruah

Jul 30, 2011
only natural to point out Conner's stats compared with someone from his draft year no?:laugh: I don't think he got 28 points sitting on his fanny. obtw It's Captain Conner Brown, so the kid's also got the character intangibles.
he's a surprise for sure. Good for the kid. :D

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Connor Brown is quietly putting together quite a solid year. He's a very skilled player who protects the extremely well, especially for his size. He's also got great hands and has knack for burying pucks in tight. He's got a great shot too, hard and accurate. His release is a little inconsistent, but when he gets it off it causes some trouble for goalies. He seems like a very good leader and competes every night. My concerns with him are his skating and hockey sense. He has an awkward stride and isn't the fastest guy. He also has very poor acceleration. His hockey sense is pretty poor too. He doesn't read the play very well and his positioning is often bad. He doesn't have the best vision either and tries to force plays.

If he improves his skating I think he could become an NHLer, he's way too raw at this point to start making projections though. He's a talented kid with solid work ethic. One of my favourites for a late round pick this past draft.

Maybe he can turn into a smaller version of Mark Stone.

member 147413

Connor Brown is quietly putting together quite a solid year. He's a very skilled player who protects the extremely well, especially for his size. He's also got great hands and has knack for burying pucks in tight. He's got a great shot too, hard and accurate. His release is a little inconsistent, but when he gets it off it causes some trouble for goalies. He seems like a very good leader and competes every night. My concerns with him are his skating and hockey sense. He has an awkward stride and isn't the fastest guy. He also has very poor acceleration. His hockey sense is pretty poor too. He doesn't read the play very well and his positioning is often bad. He doesn't have the best vision either and tries to force plays.

Cause we all want Gally. :laugh:

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I wanted to find out some more information on him. I saw him in leafs prospect camp earlier in the year and he wasn't very noticeable. However his production this season seems kinda miraculous for a 6th rounder.. anyone around here watch him on a regular basis?

Ruah

Jul 30, 2011
Captain Conner Brown. Great to see him doing well. He's got character and a great work ethic. Who knows where that will take him. Only Galy and Monahan are younger than Conner in the top 13.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Captain Conner Brown. Great to see him doing well. He's got character and a great work ethic. Who knows where that will take him. Only Galy and Monahan are younger than Conner in the top 13.

Connor*********

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad