RW/C Ruslan Iskhakov (2018, 63rd, NYI)

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
46 points in 56 games. Does he deserve a call up soon? Have him in my keeper pool for 3 more years. What realistically could he put up for points in the NHL?

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
A little surprised he has never got a call up in the past 1.5 years.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
A little surprised he has never got a call up in the past 1.5 years.
Last year was surprising given how many injuries we had and how everyone got a call up but him. This year we haven't had a lot of injuries up front so there hasn't been opportunity.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
You have to think that he's going to the KHL next year if not given a roster spot on the Isles. He can make a lot more than $70,000 over there.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
When in almost two years in the AHL you're being pretty good, yet not given even a slightest chance on the NHL level it pretty much leaves no other choice.
Islanders have like 8 grinders in their lineup at all times. It makes no sense whatsoever. Barzal and Iskhakov would go crazy with Horvat.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any chance he has an impact in the playoffs similar to other rookies or AHL callups that contributed to the long playoff runs when Lou Lamoriello was in New Jersey?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Any chance he has an impact in the playoffs similar to other rookies or AHL callups that contributed to the long playoff runs when Lou Lamoriello was in New Jersey?
It's a possibility but I don't think so without injuries, he's a really good top 6 replacement.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He's not physically ready for the NHL, that was evident last night against Pittsburgh in what was essentially a non-contact exhibition game. I can't imagine he would look any better in a playoff environment against what is a normally a suffocating team in Carolina.

If he focuses on improving his lower body and core strength/stability (a la Crosby/St. Louis) so that he's not as easily push off the puck, he has a chance to compete for a roster spot next season (likely in a middle six role with 2nd unit PP time). And he needs to do that without sacrificing speed or his edgework.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Chances are low that you'll see him in the playoffs this year, but I'd probably put him as more likely than not to make the team out of camp next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad