RW/C Nikita Jevpalovs, Blainville Armada, QMJHL (2012 undrafted)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
If your team is looking for a long shot prospect from Latvia, Jevpalovs could be your guy! He has been very clutch this year for the Armada, and just now scored the game winner in OT of a crazy game seven. He got 54 pts this season and is near a point per game in the playoffs.

He will not wow you with offensive skills ala Drouin but he's a pretty complete player that initiates contact often, works really hard out there, plays well on both sides of the ice and can score goals. His vision and hockey sense are not top notch but they are good. He has good hands and can play within a system.

He's a very good kid that plays hard and wants to win. I could see him starting out in the ECHL and if developed nicely could turn out into a good 3rd liner in the NHL.

Many who have watched him play this year that I've talked to have come away impressed by the guy. Keep in mind the Armada coached by Bouchard and Houle have been in the league for only three seasons and have already developed Xavier Ouellet and Cédric Paquette, both non-first rounders who have played in the NHL at a very young age. They are only the first of many pro players developed by this Armada system, for sure.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
The guy seems to have really improved this year, I think he is a player you might want to grab in a later round and develop. He certainly seems worth the risk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad