RW Anders Bjork - Notre Dame, NCAA (2014, 146th, BOS)

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Anders Bjork tied for 1st in the Men's Division I scoring

Fifth round pick and junior is tied to date in the nation with Mike Vecchione. Potential late round pick is blossoming in college.

When last Bruins fans saw Anders Bjork, he was raising eyebrows at the team's Development Camp back in July. The forward's skill and scoring touch was apparent. Now, some two months later, the 20-year-old is making sure his talents show when it matters most.

Bjork, a 2014 fifth-round pick of the Bruins, is tied for the lead in the nation in scoring with 16 points (seven goals, nine assists) in eight games for seventh-ranked Notre Dame. Over the weekend, in a split with Connecticut, the junior tallied two goals and two assists.

His three-point game (two goals, assist) in a 6-2 win over the Huskies Friday night gave him four multi-point games this season and 16 for his career.

Notre Dame is off this upcoming weekend, but resumes play in Boston on Nov. 12-13 with a two-game set with Northeastern.

Hard to say if he makes the team next year, he needs to be signed by the Bruins or it could be another Vesey/Hayes situation.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Caught the game vs Michigan Tech last night. Very quickly became apparent that he's a really good prospect.

Was dangerous every time he touched the puck. He's got instincts to find open holes in the D where he can get scoring chances from. Great hands and vision. He doesn't keep the puck on his stick too long either, always looking for options using his vision. Very fleet of foot - great agility to stop and go on a dime and spins off checks very well. Pretty good shot on him.

Defensively he is actually quite intelligent. Directs teammates to open players, and he also kills penalties. His quickness makes him a threat there as well.

One thing I did notice is that he's driven to perform. You could see clearly how unhappy with some of his and his teammates' slight miscues during the game. Looks like he really wants to be better.

It would really suck for Boston to lost this guy to FA in 2018 but I do think he's a very fine prospect.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

LarrysMustache

Feb 29, 2016
Caught the game vs Michigan Tech last night. Very quickly became apparent that he's a really good prospect.

Was dangerous every time he touched the puck. He's got instincts to find open holes in the D where he can get scoring chances from. Great hands and vision. He doesn't keep the puck on his stick too long either, always looking for options using his vision. Very fleet of foot - great agility to stop and go on a dime and spins off checks very well. Pretty good shot on him.

Defensively he is actually quite intelligent. Directs teammates to open players, and he also kills penalties. His quickness makes him a threat there as well.

One thing I did notice is that he's driven to perform. You could see clearly how unhappy with some of his and his teammates' slight miscues during the game. Looks like he really wants to be better.

It would really suck for Boston to lost this guy to FA in 2018 but I do think he's a very fine prospect.

He was whining all game long like a little *****. tools are definitely there. should be in the AHL next year to man him up a bit

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Caught my eye in the last WJC, where he played more of a role player.

Like others have mentioned, good skater and very agile. Can dash and slash through the defense.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
VERY little talk about him on here. Very impressive player putting up a lot of points.

Any chance he signs with Bruins once his season ends? Id imagine Bruins want to get him locked up asap

30gp. 42pts.

Man oh man Bruins have some deadly NCAA prospects

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
VERY little talk about him on here. Very impressive player putting up a lot of points.

Any chance he signs with Bruins once his season ends? Id imagine Bruins want to get him locked up asap

30gp. 42pts.

Man oh man Bruins have some deadly NCAA prospects

i think they'd be happy to burn a year off his ELC and sign him right away. curious to see how it all shakes out over the next 6 weeks. looks like a potential 2nd/3rd line versatile winger.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kid is lighting on his feet with equally quick hands, great release, and nice moves in tight. I watched him vs Providence last week and he absolutely walked Jake Walman for a beauty (Walman is a Blues prospect and he's a tremendous skater in his own right).

He scored a beauty vs Sweden last year at the WJC

I think he's going to be a good one. Reminds me of Patrick Sharp.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Hobey Baker finalist, Hockey East 1st team all star.

Has 2 goals and 3 assists in 2 games so far in the NCAA tournament including the GWG vs Minnesota and a really nice assist on the GWG today vs UMass Lowell.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He'll be a great Ranger :sarcasm:. Will be a bit nervous if he doesn't sign.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
so majority of Bruins fans feel he is a pretty much guarantee NHLer next season. Does everyone here feel that way?.... everything I read has fans obsessed with the guy

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
so majority of Bruins fans feel he is a pretty much guarantee NHLer next season. Does everyone here feel that way?.... everything I read has fans obsessed with the guy

The general mood on the Bruins board about Bjork is very positive indeed. Lock to be in the NHL in 17-18? Not guaranteed, but there's a lot of hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad