RW Alexander Gordin - Ryazan-VDV, VHL (2020, 171st, MTL)

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Skating still needs tons of improvement, too many 1-on-many plays and defensive game is very poor.

Really nice set of hands, decent-to-good hockey IQ, and pretty good shot, release is fine but could be quicker.

Definitely a long-term project, but hey, in three years he could surprise some people with development.

Absolute ceiling is sky-high but chances he reaches it is extremely low.

Classic home run pick that the Canadiens never get lucky on. Let's hope he bucks that trend. If he does he could be a Semin type for a few years in the NHL, which would be amazing for us.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Heavy shot. I thought he was called up to the KHL. He's destroying th MHL.

he's just moved back into the team lead in points but his ppg so far is down from last year. He's at a .94 but last year he was at a 1.15 but still a lot of games left and he's been heating up with 5 goals in the last 7 games. He had a stretch where he had only 9 pts in 18 games, the rest of the season he's had 23 in 16. He looks bored, granted I didn't see him last year but in the games i've watched he's not challenged at all. Needs to move his feet more but he sure can fire the puck.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

@Caser who does Gordin go over to and hug at the 1:02 mark of my vid and do you know why he did this? Just wondering if there was any reason due to the goal or was it just a normal thing.

also what do you think of his teammate, #72 Dmitri Bucheinkov, do you think he gets picked in the NHL draft in July?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

@Caser who does Gordin go over to and hug at the 1:02 mark of my vid and do you know why he did this? Just wondering if there was any reason due to the goal or was it just a normal thing.

also what do you think of his teammate, #72 Dmitri Bucheinkov, do you think he gets picked in the NHL draft in July?

I guess that's the serviceman and obviously the backup goalie in that game - Kirill Gerasimyuk, no idea about the reason, probably something internal. As for Buchelnikov he is a nice kid, but I doubt the upside.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
where do you think he plays and where can we find out where they will send him?

I think he will get a chance in the main team there, just today it was reported that they lost a winger with an injury until the end of the season, so I think Gordin is viewed as a possible replacement. As for the current team assignment it usually can be found in the KHL profile: https://en.khl.ru/players/30300/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad