RW Alessandro Segafredo - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2022 NHL Draft)

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Reactions: uncleben

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
After two months he collected 3 goals and 7 assists in 17 games. Not so many. I can see, totally different game, different culture, different language, a lot of things he needs to get used to... but anyone who can watch him playing regularly in Seattle can give some feedback about his performances?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
After two months he collected 3 goals and 7 assists in 17 games. Not so many. I can see, totally different game, different culture, different language, a lot of things he needs to get used to... but anyone who can watch him playing regularly in Seattle can give some feedback about his performances?

Actually I think that's not bad. He had a slow start but he's now moving up the roster. Seattle is one of the better teams in the league and he's getting to play with better talent like Gustafson, a fellow 2022 potential pick.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
Traded from Seattle to Winnipeg. "Alessandro will add depth to our forward group today and in the future, we look forward to welcoming him to Winnipeg” said President, General Manager & Alternate Governor Matt Cockell. Sounds like an option for the energy line.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
I guess getting traded to the best team in the WHL (probably CHL) would be a good thing. But he's going to have to fight for ice time, the ICE are absolutely stacked.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
Anyone watching ICE games could tell me about how he's doing? Seems to have disappeared since he got traded to the ICE. It's a deep team so I'm guessing he's not getting much icetime?

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I saw him in Seattle and there are some tools there with his size and shot. I think adjusting from the swiss league to the WHL is a huge jump but he still looked like he belonged. He's buried with Winnipeg now, but I think there are some factors in his favor to be a sleeper in the draft with some extremely skilled players to learn from and an expected long playoff run to gain experience, paired with his late birthday could lead to being a late pick that raises his stock come next season.

Reactions: Bubbles

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
I saw him in Seattle and there are some tools there with his size and shot. I think adjusting from the swiss league to the WHL is a huge jump but he still looked like he belonged. He's buried with Winnipeg now, but I think there are some factors in his favor to be a sleeper in the draft with some extremely skilled players to learn from and an expected long playoff run to gain experience, paired with his late birthday could lead to being a late pick that raises his stock come next season.
Interesting. I am still following him but game sheets do not tell so much about his performance. I noticed he does not make so many shoots at net, probably mainly because he does not get so much ice time?

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Interesting. I am still following him but game sheets do not tell so much about his performance. I noticed he does not make so many shoots at net, probably mainly because he does not get so much ice time?
I caught a winnipeg game recently and he is being deployed as a checking line forward for them on their 4th line, so his shots and points will definitely be lower than hoped for. The Ice have so much forward depth that they are able to regularly roll 3 scoring lines and then sprinkle in a checking line when desired. It makes it hard to judge his offensive potential, but with scouts getting so many looks at Winnipeg due to Savoie and Geekie, its definitely possible a team sees his tools and throw a late pick at him. I think its more likely that he gets passed over this year but could be a notable re-entry next year with a presumed increased role.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I was quite surprised that Winnipeg is keeping both Segafredo and Streule. Didn’t seem like either one had a great year last year, but I guess with Russians and Belarusians banned from the import draft this year, they preferred to keep two players they knew instead of taking a chance at the draft.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
I was quite surprised that Winnipeg is keeping both Segafredo and Streule. Didn’t seem like either one had a great year last year, but I guess with Russians and Belarusians banned from the import draft this year, they preferred to keep two players they knew instead of taking a chance at the draft.

He's not getting any more ice time with that stacked ICE team. I wonder why he would stay. If he went back to Italy he could be probably getting more top 6 minutes.

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
He's not getting any more ice time with that stacked ICE team. I wonder why he would stay. If he went back to Italy he could be probably getting more top 6 minutes.
Coming back to Italy now wouldn't make any sense to him. He would just get a couple of shifts at senior level like any other Italian prospects. Moreover the rising cost of electricity in Europe will mean less time for practicing on the ice.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
Coming back to Italy now wouldn't make any sense to him. He would just get a couple of shifts at senior level like any other Italian prospects. Moreover the rising cost of electricity in Europe will mean less time for practicing on the ice.

I don't see him breaking into the top 6. And unless he impresses offensively, I don't see NHL teams taking an overager.

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
Even if there are no chances left to earn a professional contract at NHL/AHL level, I think that completing his junior career in America still remains the best option for him. He will comeback to his hometown team Asiago stronger and ready for a league where almost all the teams play a Canadian-style hockey.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
Looks like he got traded to the Prince Albert Raiders. It's a good thing because he'll get a chance to play in the top 6. PA don't have much depth.

He skated tonight on the third line.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Zürich already has a bunch of similarly talented young forwards and rarely plays any of them for their NLA team. So I am not sure if this move is a good decision for him in the long run. Maybe he can at least play in the second tier Swiss league on a regular basis. But his career trajectory has been really disappointing in the last few years. He looked like a promising prospect with NHL potential not to long ago.

Reactions: wetcoast

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
He’s been released and is likely to return to Europe.

Probably for the best. He wasn't getting top minutes in PA, and they're not a talented team.

There's talent there. He just got buried on the depth charts of super deep teams like Winnipeg and Seattle.

Wherever he ends up, he needs time on the top 6.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Love the name.

If he ever has to go into witness protection his name could be changed to Guiseppe Nintendocarlo. Sorry, I saw Sega and I went for it like a person with tourette's that just can't help it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If he is looking for top-6 minutes he should sign in the Alps HL. Which I'm sure a guy of his pedigree isn't going to do.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I feel like a lot of young players from Switzerland should look more carefully into the CHL teams (franchises in general and their rosters) that take them in the import draft. In the last few years a lot of them landed in spots that were not a good for their career trajectory. Maybe agents should be more critical too and maybe look for alternative routes for their players. But on the other hand its sort of understandable that they want to report since hovering to long in the Swiss U20 league can really be a death nail for any sort of pro aspirations.

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
Looks like I was wrong: he is going to be back in Switzerland, but I do not know where

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad