Confirmed with Link: Ruutu to NJ for Loktionov and cond. 3rd in 2017

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
So we are same boat. And at the time of the trade you had no concern that Ruutu missed a bunch of games last year and was in the midst of a horrible season this year?

Stat's certainly suggested that Ruutu had fallen off a cliff. And sure looks like I made too much of an assumption off those stats, did not figure that he had regained his form(Though Lou did say he had turned a corner) And no I did not really notice him in either Finland game I watched, so I did not have that to suggest he was playing better(though some Finnish fans said he had but not until he had already played a couple in NJ).

I admit I was way off on the trade. But my reasoning was based on fairly sound ground, at least statistically speaking.

Stats did not really show that Ruutu had fallen off a cliff.

Ruutu's per minute scoring pace only really fell off this season from the solid numbers he had from 11-13, where he was producing as a below average second liner to very good third liner.

Ruutu is not a 25 goal player. But he should be good for something like 15/25/40, especially if he's given some ice time and the right linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad