Rutherford shopping Sprong...should he be a Red Wing?

Octopus

May 17, 2006
There are a lotta nights where the Wings frustrate me to no end because of their lack of creativity when in the offensive zone. Could they use Daniel Sprong or is he just another Martin Frk?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Big fan of him and wanted to draft him, I’d be down.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I always liked him but not totally sure we should be spending good assets on the wing position at this time

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
They have 117K in cap space, so I don’t see how that is going to happen.

They could make something happen I’m sure. Rutherford is looking to shake up his team. That isn’t happening when trading for futures. Might as well hang on to Sprong in that case. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They could make something happen I’m sure. Rutherford is looking to shake up his team. That isn’t happening when trading for futures. Might as well hang on to Sprong in that case. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Yeah I’m not sure what the move is with that limited cap space. You’re not going to get another guy for 900k or less who is marginally better than him, in my opinion. Unless you can get someone to just do something stupid (I’ve seen Puljujarvi Flores out there).

Maybe you have to take one of their contracts like Hagelin or Rust?

Hagelin + Sprong for Nyquist (+) or something? Rather trade Nyquist straight up for a pick, but I do like Sprong a bit.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
We better give up at least 2 first rounders as Pens fans like to inform he is a future 40 goal guy!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I mean sure. I'd love to have his skill in the line up but don' t think the price would be right. Don't really have the quality vets to deal for him expect MAYBE Nyquist and I'd rather not hand them high picks for him either.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I'm not sure I would go after Sprong. That Pittsburgh protected him fiercely for the last couple of years and now seems to be shopping him, makes me a bit cautious. Especially since they have to, more than likely, jettison Guentzel after this season. Keeping Sprong around to mitigate that loss, I would think would be a high priority for Pittsburgh.

Reactions: TheMule93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad