News Article: Rutherford & Nedomanský in HOF

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Jimmy Rutherford (builder) & Václav Nedomanský are in the HOF. I watched them both play many times in Detroit. I really liked Václav Nedomanský who escaped from the iron curtain to play in NA. He was a big forward for DRW who toward the end of his career was moved to D. My memory (not perfect) is that he was captain of the then Czechoslovakia team that beat the Soviets in the 1969 Worlds. The celebrations were enormous in country & led to protests against the Soviet military . At the time Václav and his teammates were considered heroes.

Bob Duff's article - mention is at the bottom
HockeyBuzz.com - Bob Duff - Development Camp All About Evaluation

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
He was a very good player, but probably my third choice for Czech players to be inducted from that era after Holecek and Martinec. Strange choice for sure. I mentioned on the history forum that it's similar to Yakushev getting in ahead of Firsov and Mikhailov.

Reactions: waltdetroit

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Nedomanský was a good player on the roster during the Dead Wings era. I, honestly, was not aware until the purchase of a '79-'80 media guide. Browsing team stats and he shot off the page. Glad he's seeing his due.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
CST1966.jpg
Roger Crozier and Claude Prevost

8448215.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad