Speculation: Rusty Klesla

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Smid is the more physical and younger of the 2, not to mention it would mean forcing another guy into the AHL not out of it. Doesn't make much sense for us to claim him when we let Urbom go.

Aug 3, 2010
I truly hope not. Not knocking on Klesla, it's just that this organization doesn't need him and has similar players already that they should focus on.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Smid is the more physical and younger of the 2, not to mention it would mean forcing another guy into the AHL not out of it. Doesn't make much sense for us to claim him when we let Urbom go.

I still can't figure out why we didn't chase Urbom. We could've kept Brossoit and Horak in the system while still addressing our defensive issues long term

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I still can't figure out why we didn't chase Urbom. We could've kept Brossoit and Horak in the system while still addressing our defensive issues long term

Because we wanted a physical..... I mean young...... I mean we can't just add a D man into the log jam without giving one up....

Honestly I think we wanted him to clear so we could make a trade look at the Jackman move and the Smid move we aren't adding any contracts without giving one up.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010

Did you watch the habs-Washington game the other night when Briere out muscled Urbom in front of the net. Urbom had a huge size advantage, he sure isn't made of rock.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Id be shocked if he clears personally. If you could move Butler or SOB I wouldnt mind giving him a try.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Surprised at all the no's in here. Klesla would be a definite upgrade on our horrific bottom 6.

Giordano/Wideman
Brodie/Russell
Smid/Klesla

Not too shabby. Do whatever you want with Butler/SOB. Nobody would pick them off waivers or trade anything of value. There will be more injuries to the D this year, we could use the depth badly.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
^^ I think Butler has value. Most GMs look at ice time when looking at a defenseman and Butler has been given plenty of responsibility.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
That is never going to happen. Maybe a fifth if we're lucky.

Comeau got a 5th in a better draft. Butler has looked tradeable the last couple months, and teams always like to bring in some depth before the playoffs. A 3rd would be nice but we could easily get a 5th for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad