Rumor: Russo: Boudreau, Leafs, “finally” talking about As. Coach Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
He understands the struggle and he's played in New Brunswick sign me up

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
He got 121 points out of a team with a worse defense than ours. In the playoffs flawed rosters are exposed.
There's one team in the NHL without a flawed roster. It hasn't won the cup in awhile and got swept last season.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Hubris was their flaw last season. They're also 5 wins away from a cup for the 4th time in the last 6 seasons. I'd be ecstatic for half their success.

My point was actually that there's one team without flaws.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Bruce Boudreau used to be one of my favourite Maple Leaf players when he wore the blue and white in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

846ece1c3fd49cb207d9df8369a9fcda.jpg
images

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I would like them to hire a former defender who played defense and knows how to develop defenders ... nothing against Bruce though great former Marlie who I watched as a kid when he was with big team in junior

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm not seeing any downsides, to bringing him onboard. I don't believe his overall style is a winning one, but put him in charge of our offense, and PP, and I think it would be very positive, along with general experience and insight.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
It's not like hes coming on to be the head coach either. He is coming her to help take over some of Hakstol's duties and add a plethora of experience.

This is a great opportunity for us to have a very high quality Assistant coach.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
It's not like hes coming on to be the head coach either. He is coming her to help take over some of Hakstol's duties and add a plethora of experience.

This is a great opportunity for us to have a very high quality Assistant coach.
And its like now that we have malhotra. Bruce finna play a different type of role surely no? He'd help with the system and old school dirt more. Manny knows the young dirt and faceoffs. Bruce knows the D dirt.

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
Boudreau owns at 58% winning percentage over 14 seasons as an NHL Head Coach. That's approximately 95 points per season. You guys are right... why would they even consider hiring a bum like that?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Don't worry Bruce if you are unable to secure a head coaching job, or an assistant position with the Leafs, there will be a GM position available for the Leafs after next season. Still a chance to be involved with your beloved home team.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I understand not hiring a capable head coach as an assistant to a rookie coach in Keefe. I'm ok with that decision. We're not talking about a guy like Jacques Martin.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Don't worry Bruce if you are unable to secure a head coaching job, or an assistant position with the Leafs, there will be a GM position available for the Leafs after next season. Still a chance to be involved with your beloved home team.

Yeah that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad