WC: Russians care more for international play

Status
Not open for further replies.

pouskin74*

Malkin played against Norway 2 times and ended up with 0 goals and 3 assists :) Only 1 assist in the QF game and it was on the 5th goal. So Malkin didnt dominate so much in the games vs Norway :) Ovi scored a lucky goal on us. He shot from behind the goal and hit the goalies skate :(

Obviously he did not took Norway as a real contender. He has just 1 point against Italy either. Probably because Italy is so tough team to play against:laugh:

pouskin74*

Why on earth should the national team take precedence over winning the most important trophy in hockey? Playing for the national team is only good for silly nationalist chest-pounding.

Stanley Cup? let me laugh on this big time:laugh:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Obviously he did not took Norway as a real contender. He has just 1 point against Italy either. Probably because Italy is so tough team to play against:laugh:

Nah the Godfather bribed him ;) But Norway played well vs Sweden, Russia*2 and czech rep. Italy didnt ;)

edit: Sweden had only a 2-1 lead after two periods. Russia had a 3-2 lead after two periods. The czech rep game was tied after three periods and the QF game vs Russia was tied after two periods. So there was no blowout! Italy on the other hand is a different story :laugh:

Last edited:

Yamaguchi*

Nah the Godfather bribed him ;) But Norway played well vs Sweden, Russia*2 and czech rep. Italy didnt ;)

edit: Sweden had only a 2-1 lead after two periods. Russia had a 3-2 lead after two periods. The czech rep game was tied after three periods and the QF game vs Russia was tied after two periods. So there was no blowout! Italy on the other hand is a different story :laugh:

It's understandable. The big teams don't waste much energy and fire power on minor teams like Norway, Denmark etc...

But what does your post have to do with the topic of this thread?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
absolutely false. The highest prize without question is the Stanley Cup.....

I'd agree here. As an OT thought to help this one along - I think majors are waaaaay greater than gold medals in tennis, too.

These guys are professionals who make a killer living at playing in the NHL. It pays the bills. I'd rather see the Pens win the Stanley Cup once over USA taking home gold in back-to-back Olympics.

I think this is just a different mind set based on culture.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
This thread has run it's course. Yes, Russians and most Europeans value the WHC more than North Americans, who value the Stanley Cup more.

End of thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad