Russian WJC Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I don't know much about this team, but the big question is certainly whether Malkin will be playing at the WJC. Because if he does, he's going to put up huge numbers.

As for the rest of the team ... :help:

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
roshiajin said:
I don't know much about this team, but the big question is certainly whether Malkin will be playing at the WJC. Because if he does, he's going to put up huge numbers.

As for the rest of the team ... :help:

Word is to Evgeni, that he has an extreme work load ahead of him with his home club, the olympics, and the world juniors, that the common answer is that he plans on skipping the world juniors, as he has already proven himself. Everyone believes his talent will be better used for the Russians during the olympics in 06...

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Leachmeister2000 said:
Radulov is a lock. Trukhno is practically a lock.

I'm not sure the head coach is very familiar with Trukhno. I believe Trukhno wasn't even invited to play in Remax series.

Anyway, I think the locks are:

F: Malkin, Radulov, Voloshenko, Lisin, Yunkov, Shirokov, Lemtyugov, Churilov
D: Belov, Lyamin, Emelin, Zubarev and maybe Nikitin

Transported Upstater

Slay said:
I'm not sure the head coach is very familiar with Trukhno. I believe Trukhno wasn't even invited to play in Remax series.

Anyway, I think the locks are:

F: Malkin, Radulov, Voloshenko, Lisin, Yunkov, Shirokov, Lemtyugov, Churilov
D: Belov, Lyamin, Emelin, Zubarev and maybe Nikitin

Malkin's not playing in the WJC's though.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Forwards:
Lemtyugov - Malkin - Shirokov
Radulov - Younkov - Voloshenko
Lisin - Churilov - Bumagin
Parshin/Schitikov/Kulemin/Zubov/Istomin/Ogorodnikov

Defencemen:
Zubarev - Buravchikov
Lyamin - Belov
Emelin - Anikeenko

Extra D-men:
Biryukov/Aksenenko/Nikitin/Bodrov

Goalies:
Khudobin - Kasutin

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Richard_Zednik said:
i wana get a look at sergei kostitsyn

You'll need a plane ticket to Belarus then. Hopefully they win there group and can play in next years wjc's, which would be his last since he's 18 now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
montreal said:
You'll need a plane ticket to Belarus then. Hopefully they win there group and can play in next years wjc's, which would be his last since he's 18 now.

You can be in it until you're 20

Transported Upstater

montreal said:

U-18's and U-20's are separate tourneys...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Markov, Ogorodnikov, and Mayer looked good in the Russia-Canada challlange. If they dont make it, nobody from that team will. Mayer, granted, is rather unknown and young though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
TransportedUpstater said:
U-18's and U-20's are separate tourneys...

Your right U-18 and U-20 are seperate. Thanks but it has nothing to do with Kostitsyn cause he has been playing on the U-20 team since he was 16. His brother played on the U-20 at 15, played for the U-20 team for five years.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Radulov is a lock. Trukhno is practically a lock.

Raulov is a lock but Trukhno??? Didn't he stink up the joint at the under18s? Thus his huge drop at the draft. He also didn't play during the ReMax Challenge, so I have a feeling he won't be playing... which is too bad, he's been playing well on a very crappy PEI team.

GXL

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
GorillazXL said:
Raulov is a lock but Trukhno??? Didn't he stink up the joint at the under18s? Thus his huge drop at the draft. He also didn't play during the ReMax Challenge, so I have a feeling he won't be playing... which is too bad, he's been playing well on a very crappy PEI team.

GXL

Right I forgot about the U-18s. Yeah I guess he isn't a lock after all which is a shame because he's playing some excellent hockey now. Anyway, tsn reports that the US and Russia are the team to beat this year. ***, Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad