Kucherov > Stone

Panarin < Hall
Malkin = Crosby
Tarasenko > Marner

Russia

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Marchand, Hall/Benn and Crosby is basically a wash with Ovechkin, Panarin and Malkin, and others might not agree but I think Stone is pretty much a wash with Tarasenko at this point as well. Basically comes down to whether you want McDavid/Marner or Kuznetsov/Kucherov, and personally I'd take the best player in the game.

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Russians are bad defensively and Ovechkin is not world championship level player not to talk about Best on best national teams he shouldnt make even teams like Denmark.. Canada has clear edge. I dont think Kuznetsov Ovechkin Panarin or Tarasenko would even make Canada's roster Kucherov and Malkin would they are good players, but Malkin is also bad defensively i would argue worse overall hockey player than lets say Bergeron.

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
Offensively, Russia by few
Defensively, Canada by far
So overall, Canada

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hands down the Centers on Canada but the wingers on Russia outweigh that plus they have Malkin.

Russia

Reactions: zaqq

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
What’s the point of this if you don’t list the best available players?? Marner top 6 Canadien...

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Ovechkin Tarasenko definitely wouldnt make Canada's roster. Kuznetsov is debatable he wouldnt make it as centre but could have change if he played winger role.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
How About

Hall/Benn - Crosby- Mcdavid
Marchand - Mackinnon/Bergeron - Tavares/Mackinnon/Seguin/Scheifele/Giroux

If canada Stacks it. It's them for me.

--

With The current Lineup I like Russias more.

Last edited:
Reactions: MD93 and klozge

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Ovechkin Tarasenko definitely wouldnt make Canada's roster. Kuznetsov is debatable he wouldnt make it as centre but could have change if he played winger role.

No way. The guy just won the conn smythe and is still one of the/if not the best current goal scorer.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Considering Canada would likely go with:

MacKinnon - McDavid - Hall
Crosby - Bergeron - Marchand

In their top 6; I don't think it's up for debate really.
That first line would skate circles around everyone.
That second line would have the puck all night and score at will.

In terms of the debate on the OP, it actually might be the Russian team.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
literally stated in the op why Bergeron, a center is omitted

jesus ik the world cup line was a thing

Reactions: zaqq

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
literally stated in the op why Bergeron, a center is omitted

jesus ik the world cup line was a thing

The only reason you arbitrarily decided to limit it to natural positions only, was so that it would be artificially close.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Considering Canada would likely go with:

MacKinnon - McDavid - Hall
Crosby - Bergeron - Marchand

In their top 6; I don't think it's up for debate really.
That first line would skate circles around everyone.
That second line would have the puck all night and score at will.

In terms of the debate on the OP, it actually might be the Russian team.

first line in the OP is "natural positions only." Yet you have 4 natural centers.

The OP listed pretty good lines, if he went by best at each position. I voted for Russia by a hair. Malkin matches Crosby, and the Russian wingers make up for the McDavid factor.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
The only reason you arbitrarily decided to limit it to natural positions only, was so that it would be artificially close.

Hey guys, Russia's best vs Canada's not best. who wins?!

First off, we all know centers are valued more than wingers. Stack a team with centers and it will collect some votes from the crowd that values player's capable of playing the hardest forward position (me included).

Second, stop being so sensitive and whiny. Maybe I should make lopsided polls that get locked like Russia's wingers vs Canada's wingers.

I would have put the substitute option of Giroux in the Canadian section if he played RW. The only omission really is Bergeron for the non position crowd that can't read. Which is stated in the first line of OP

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
First off, we all know centers are valued more than wingers. Stack a team with centers and it will collect some votes from the crowd that values player's capable of playing the hardest forward position (me included).

Second, stop being so sensitive and whiny. Maybe I should make lopsided polls that get locked like Russia's wingers vs Canada's wingers.

I would have put the substitute option of Giroux in the Canadian section if he played RW. The only omission really is Bergeron for the non position crowd that can't read. Which is stated in the first line of OP

This is not Canada's top 6 forwards, it is Russia's.

Sensitive & whiny? My favourite players are generally Russians, as they are typically more dynamic and exciting to watch than Canadians. If I had a reason to be sensitive, it would be to favour the Russians.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This is not Canada's top 6 forwards, it is Russia's.

Sensitive & whiny? My favourite players are generally Russians, as they are typically more dynamic and exciting to watch than Canadians. If I had a reason to be sensitive, it would be to favour the Russians.

yeah let's whine about the definition of "Top 6" and forget the premise is natural positions, not whiny

it's like going in a Preds D vs Sharks D poll and asking why forwards aren't included

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad