Russia WJC Roster?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Roster was already announced. Buravchikov is captain. Sorry, can't post whole roster while it's not public yet (I can't find any public link, actually) but D-man V.Voynov (1990) made the team.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
According to other inside sources ;) he was very good at training camp.

Good to hear.
A friend of mine was at the U-17 4 nations last month -- said Voinov was extremely steady but rather unspectacular. Was much more impressed with Kulikov and Chudinov among the d-men.

My guess is that either Shvalev, Ryasensky or Osipov was cut then.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Why is it taking Russia so long to announce the roster?

fhr.ru is reporting that today the national team and the headcoaches will meet, or have already met with the FHR president Vladislav Tretiak.

I hope this inspires the guys to an unexpected gold medal as we continue celebrating 60 years of Russian hockey.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Why is it taking Russia so long to announce the roster?

Have you not noticed that, for whatever reason, being the last to announce a final roster is the usual practise for Russia in any hockey competition? Call it tradition if you will.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Have you not noticed that, for whatever reason, being the last to announce a final roster is the usual practise for Russia in any hockey competition? Call it tradition if you will.

I've noticed, but every year I hope that things have changed and we got a little more organized..

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I've noticed, but every year I hope that things have changed and we got a little more organized..

Maybe this practice is a result of a more exhaustive selection process. Perhaps taking our time allows us to analyze other team's rosters and adjust our eventual roster in reflection. Quite possibly, a delayed announcement of our roster gives other teams less time to scout the Russian bubble players that eventually make the team.

VladNYC*

For you lazy types:

GOALIES:
Semen VARLAMOV "Lokomotiv" 27.04.1988 (Washington Capitals)
Nikita BESPALOV CSKA 28.12.1987

DEFENSEMEN:
Vyacheslav BURAVCHIKOV "Ak Bars" 22.05.1987 (Buffalo Sabres)
Vitaliy ANIKEENKO "Lokomotiv" 2.01.1987 (Ottawa Senators)
Pavel VALENTENKO "Neftekhimik" 10.10.1987 (Montreal Canadiens)
Evgeniy RYASENSKIY "Ak Bars" 18.07.1987
Aleksandr LOGINOV "Salavat Yulaev" 18.02.1987
Yuriy ALEKSANDROV "Severstal" 24.06.1988 (Boston Bruins)
Andrey ZUBAREV "Ak Bars" 3.03.1987 (Atlanta Thrashers)
Vyacheslav VOYNOV "Traktor" 15.01.1990

FORWARDS:
Aleksandr KUCHERYAVENKO "Salavat Yulaev" 27.08.1987
Ilya ZUBOV "Salavat Yulaev" 14.02.1987 (Ottawa Senators)
Anton KRYSANOV "Lada" 25.03.1987 (Phoenix Coyotes)
Igor MAKAROV SKA 19.09.1987 (Chicago Blackhawks)
Andrey KIRYUKHIN "Lokomotiv" 4.06.1987
Artem ANISIMOV "Lokomotiv" 24.05.1988 (New York Rangers)
Aleksandr VASYUNOV "Lokomotiv" 24.04.1988 (New Jersey Devils)
Gennadiy CHURILOV "Lokomotiv" 5.05.1987
Anton GLOVACKIY "Metallurg" Mg 6.06.1988
Igor MUSATOV "Ak Bars" 23.09.1987
Aleksey CHEREPANOV "Avangard" 15.01.1989
Aleksandr BUMAGIN "Lada" 1.03.1987 (Edmonton Oilers)

The omissions:

With the team Russia roster announced, the surprising omission is goaltender Ilya Proskuryakov, who at some moments outplayed Varlamov during this season’s previous U20 tournaments. Forward Andrei Popov (Philadelphia Flyers), who was highly touted prior to last year’s draft and delivered a fairly strong performance thus far this season ins the Super League with HC Traktor (1 goal and 10 assists in 30 games), playing much better in the Super League than some of the players who made the team. The final surprising omission is that of CHL defenseman Ivan Vishnevsky (Dallas Stars), though his is more understandable as he is currently playing in North America and has not attended many international tournaments this or last season. Still, he would have provided Russia another valuable cannon from the blue line

CH Wizard

It's not a bad team none the less. They've a decent offence and they'll count on Varlamov to be clutch. The defence ain't that bad with Buravchikov, Alexandrov...

I think, it's hard to predict who'll really win medals this year.

VladNYC*

Lets not talk about how good or bad the team is. If u notice, we are written off completely this year. None of our players made any kind of "to watch for" lists. This is a good thing. All we Russian fans need to know when it comes down to how good or bad the team is, is the word Russia on the Jersey. :D

Let's just hope the rest of the teams' scouts are as naive about our team as their fans.

Tervin

Nov 20, 2006
I'm anxious to see what CHEREPANOV will do. I think many of us will see him for the first time. Is he supposed to play on the top lines ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad