U17: Russia vs Slovakia, Czechia

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Russia beat Czech 6-0. Demidov with 2 goals and But with 2 goals and 2 assists.
There is a big difference in performance between the two teams. The only mitigating circumstance is that even the Czechs do not have a complete roster, they lack at least 8 players, at least what I counted. And the Czechs cannot replace that with their narrow choice.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There is a big difference in performance between the two teams. The only mitigating circumstance is that even the Czechs do not have a complete roster, they lack at least 8 players, at least what I counted. And the Czechs cannot replace that with their narrow choice.

Well, Russia probably has all its best kids (save Gulyayev who's too good for this age), but again I'm pretty sure there will new ones appear during this season. With no World U17 Challenge this year this team doesn't matter anyway, but I'm pretty sure But and Demidov will play at WJC U18.

Reactions: Goodman68

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
agreed, there are also some U16 players tbh but still the difference should not be so huge.

Russia destroyed Slovakia at Hlinka/Gretzky where they had all the best players and got to the final. Probably some psycological problems. Or stylistic. Or both.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Russia destroyed Slovakia at Hlinka/Gretzky where they had all the best players and got to the final. Probably some psycological problems. Or stylistic. Or both.
You have destroyed every team except Sweden so I would not take it too serious. Your generation seems to be exceptional.
We have played "open hockey" with you and it finished like it finished. We were "only" not effective.
We could shut the door and who knows how it would outcome.
But we have played very solid against you and this is the most important fact for me right now.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I saw the 6-0 score.. assumed Michkov played and scored all 6. Turns out he didn't even play.lol Nice anhilation!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Yeah, this is pretty much a B-squad, so it's not that surprising they got pounded on. Though majority of the missing players are forwards, so the terrible giveaways by Czech defensemen are worrying somewhat. Sliver lining of the 1st game is that Pavel Simek looked good, first time seeing him play and he looks like someone who should be a top 6 forward even at full strenght, which can't be said about any other forward on the team in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00