Russia U20 National Team

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Team for next year. Goaltending is very strong, as is the defense (includes a right-shot!). Forward group is young, but pretty strong up the middle.

Yurov-Khusnutdinov-Michkov
Kisakov-Ponomaryov-Pashin
Chibrikov-Ovchinnikov-Poltapov
Zlodeyev-Tyutnev-Trineyev
Didkovsky

Mukhamadullin-Kuznetsov
Chayka-Kirsanov
Grushnikov-Kostenko
Lukasevich

Askarov
Guskov
Motorygin

Reactions: rightyright

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
So what will the Team looks like next year?

Aimurzin - Khusnutdinov - Ovchinnikov
Miroshnichenko - Ponomaryov - Chibrikov
Trikozov - Yurov - Pashin
Petrov - Ivantsov - Michkov

(Gushchin, Didkovsky, Poltapov, Kisakov, Lazutin, Svechkov...)

Chayka - Mukhamadullin
Kuznetsov - Kirsanov
Lukashevich - Grushnikov

(Mintyukov...)

Askarov
xxx
xxx

Maybe something like this? Skill and a lot of talent but only left shooters on the D? If Yurov plays C this Team looks strong down the middle (by Russian standards) i think.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So what will the Team looks like next year?

Aimurzin - Khusnutdinov - Ovchinnikov
Trikozov - Yurov - Pashin

(Gushchin, Didkovsky, Poltapov, Kisakov, Lazutin, Svechkov...)

Chayka - Mukhamadullin
Kuznetsov - Kirsanov
Lukashevich - Grushnikov

(Mintyukov...)

Askarov
xxx
xxx

Maybe something like this? Skill and a lot of talent but only left shooters on the D? If Yurov plays C this Team looks strong down the middle (by Russian standards) i think.

Yurov is a winger and Ovchinnikov is a center.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Yurov is a winger and Ovchinnikov is a center.

I thnik Yurov played Center before and Ovchinnikov played as often wing than center this season? But yeah, maybe a change would look better:

Aimurzin - Khusnutdinov - Yurov
Trikozov - Ovchinnikov - Pashin

I really like this Team, schould especially next year contend for gold.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Since I see that the roster discussions for 2022 have already started, I think it should be a good idea to create a thread for that now and transfer the related posts here.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Some depth chart to better understand what we have this year:

FW
Ovchinnikov-Khusnutdinov-Chibrikov
Tyutnev-Ponomaryov-Pashin
Trineyev-Zlodeyev-Kisakov
Buruyanov-Zugan-Poltapov
Spitserov-Svechkov-Gushchin
Yurov-Katelevskiy-Michkov
Agapov-Aimurzin-Didkovskiy
Miroshnichenko-Lazutin-Shumilin
Guslistov-Kondyrev-Bakanov

D
Mukhamadullin-Kirsanov
Chayka-Kuznetsov
Kuzmin-Kostenko
Koromyslov-Lukashevich
Lyubchich-Yegorov
Krokhalyov-Karimov
Grushnikov-Savikov
Zotov-Steklov
Vashchilin-Machulin

GK
Askarov
Guskov
Motorygin
Gerasimyuk
Kanayev
Ivanov

Last edited:

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
LOL. Someone put Michkov on the fourth line.

Lol... i think it’s fair to say that up to Date michkov is not better than the likes of Khusnutdinov, Yurov, Pashin or Ovchinnikov. And it's obvious when you see them play in the MHL (from which the others have more or less outgrown, Michkov not yet). And its should be on the older guys and 2022 Draft Prospects like Miroshnichenko to take the pressure, not on Michkov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Reportedly Golubovich is leaving the assistant coach's position.
He is to take over the 2004 team. They do the opposite of right. Larionov should be demoted to the 2004 team until he has learned how to coach and shown something that is not hot air and big words.

Reactions: BMann

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Lol... i think it’s fair to say that up to Date michkov is not better than the likes of Khusnutdinov, Yurov, Pashin or Ovchinnikov.

It's not fair to say at all. He is much better than them and will develop faster than them in the next year.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
It's not fair to say at all. He is much better than them and will develop faster than them in the next year.

I mean right now he is playing on Ska's 3rd line and rightfully so. Regardless of his incredible talent, he still has huge holes in his game. Like he regularly produces turnovers because he holds the puck for too long or plays a risky pass. Unfortunately he's not the fastest skater either, with relatively slow first steps. At the end of the day he's only just turn 16. But I have to say that he plays "bigger" than you would think someone with his small body would play, aggressive and with hits here and there. I think even to be there next year would be huge! Who was the last Forward crack the team in his draft -1 year? Ovechkin? He was two times bigger than Michkov is now.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Who was the last Forward crack the team in his draft -1 year? Ovechkin? He was two times bigger than Michkov is now.

Haven't been many players of Michkov's caliber since that time. I know Buchnevich was considered for the team at 17.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Haven't been many players of Michkov's caliber since that time. I know Buchnevich was considered for the team at 17.

Fair enough! But if Svechnikov was only on the fourth line in his draft year and more or less a passenger (I mean ppg is great at the U20, but he couldn't dominate) and he too was much bigger than Michkov, how good Michkov has to be? Especially with that Group talented Forwards. But don't get me wrong I'm the last one who would complain if he playes right away on one of the first two lines! I just try not to have too high expectations!:D

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Fair enough! But if Svechnikov was only on the fourth line in his draft year and more or less a passenger (I mean ppg is great at the U20, but he couldn't dominate) and he too was much bigger than Michkov, how good Michkov has to be? Especially with that Group talented Forwards. But don't get me wrong I'm the last one who would complain if he playes right away on one of the first two lines! I just try not to have too high expectations!:D

I don't know what Svech's icetime was from that tournament. I recall him playing good minutes.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
About 11 minutes per game. You can check it out here.

It's conceivable to me that Larionov could bury Michkov on the fourth line. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't do it. And Bragin's track record is a mixed bag too.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Other than A. Svechnikov there was also Yevgeni Kuznetsov before him

Both Svech and Kuznetsov played the U20 in their draft years (not-1 year as Michkov is supposed to do). And both were more or less passengers.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Nope, he was good. I remember my pet peeve at that time was that Bragin didn't trust him enough. He should have got more ice time.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Some depth chart to better understand what we have this year:

FW
Ovchinnikov-Khusnutdinov-Chibrikov
Tyutnev-Ponomaryov-Pashin
Trineyev-Zlodeyev-Kisakov
Buruyanov-Zugan-Poltapov
Spitserov-Svechkov-Gushchin
Yurov-Katelevskiy-Michkov
Agapov-Aimurzin-Didkovskiy
Miroshnichenko-Lazutin-Shumilin

D
Mukhamadullin-Kirsanov
Chayka-Kuznetsov
Kuzmin-Kostenko
Koromyslov-Lukashevich
Lyubchich-Yegorov
Krokhalyov-Karimov
Grushnikov-Savikov
Zotov-Steklov

GK
Askarov
Guskov
Motorygin
Gerasimyuk
Kanayev
Ivanov

Sounds like Nikita Guslistov might have some objections here. :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Both Svech and Kuznetsov played the U20 in their draft years (not-1 year as Michkov is supposed to do). And both were more or less passengers.

Regardless there is only about 9 and 7 months difference between them which isn't much and it remains to be seen if Michkov will be more than a passenger if he plays next year. I do consider Michkov a higher prospect than both Yevgeni's but he won't have the same physical traits to help him like the other two did.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad