U18: Russia U18 vs USA U18

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Matvey Michkov, Nikita Chibrikov, Prokhor Poltapov, Ivan Miroshnichenko, Danila Yurov, Arseniy Koromyslov, Gleb Trikozov vs Isaac Howard, Sasha Pstujov, Rutger McGroatry, Ryan Ufko, Frank Nazar, Luke Hughes.

What team will win, if we have WJC U18?

I think Russia would win. But the tournament was canceled, right? Unfortunately. This Russian team would be insane!

Reactions: GapStop

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We all both neither country would be the favorite because only one country is allowed that.

US team would probably look something like this.

Duke-Lucius-Pastujov
Janicke-Savage-Nazar
McGroarty-Fleming-Wilmer
Boucher-Hughes-Gilmartin
Devine

Hughes-Schmidt
Behrens-Gallagher
Hreschuk-Chesley
Casey

Mbereko
Homer

I tried to only add 5 U17's because that was the number from the 2001 age group. It's possible there could be more, but I don't think it'd be half and half. It's more likely that some low-end U18's will retain a spot over U17's who are better prospects.

And given when the tournament is taking place, players such as Ufko, Dunbar, Buium won't be considered for this team. Almost certainly only NTDP players.

The US team is really weak in goal, but good elsewhere. I don't know that our best forwards are that great, but the rest of the lineup would look really good.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Michkov and Miroshnichenko are the top two forwards from both sides.

I also think. They were monstrous in the young Olympics, obliterating the other teams. It is incredible to think that Russia has this pair of sensational wings born in the same year. I really wanted to see them both at u18 and see more of what they are capable of doing playing together.

Reactions: GapStop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad