Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Goalies:
Khudobin, Kasutin, Demidov, Varlamov
Defencemen:
Lyamin, Belov, Bodrov, Emelin, Zubarev, Aksenenko, Buravchikov, Biryukov, Nikitin,Anikeev, Derlyuk, Amakhin
Forwards:
Shirokov, Lemtyugov,Parshin, Ogorodnikov,Churilov, Lisin, Younkov, Ketov, Krysanov, Bumagin,Kulemin, Zubov, Goroshanky,Istomin, Schitikov, Makarov, Radulov, Voloshenko.

Malkin's deal is still in work, but probably he will play at WJC according to U-20 team GM, Valentin An'shin

http://metallurg.ru/news/20874/

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
No Anikeenko, no Trukhno (?). That surprises me...

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dr.Sens(e) said:
No Zharkov. Was hoping he would be included so we could see him play.

Other than Makarov and Shirokov, any of these guys '06 eligible?
schitikov, who was available in 05 and possibly 04 as well IIRC, unless I'm thinking of a different guy.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
edd1e said:
Is Malkin playing in the Rosno-Cup at Moscow?

Yes, his line is Kharitonov-Malkin-Sushinsky, a line we might see at the Olympics.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Dr.Sens(e) said:
No Zharkov. Was hoping he would be included so we could see him play.

Other than Makarov and Shirokov, any of these guys '06 eligible?

Bumagin, Churilov, Aksenenko, Krysanov, Goroshanky, Ketov, Kulemin, Bodrov, Biryukov

I will keep an eye on Bumagin, Churilov, and Aksenenko if he makes the team. Bumagin and Churilov are doing very well this year from what I hear.

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
He played for team Russia at the U18's.

Now he's playing in the QMJHL for PEI.

In my opinion, it's all politics as he should have gotten an invite.

Mr.Brownov*

Jazz said:
Apparently his club team doesn't want him to wear himself out...
Or risk injury.... Besides that, I think it would be a waste of his talents to play against less experienced players. He plays against men and must continue to do so.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jim Beam said:
Or risk injury.... Besides that, I think it would be a waste of his talents to play against less experienced players. He plays against men and must continue to do so.

Yes, because a small tournament will really hurt his skills and waste his talents.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
DeuceUNO said:
voloshenko!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he and Radulov are right up there amongst the tournement scoring leaders.

For those who follow the Russian contingent back at home, are they generally expected to be the offensive leaders? Obviously we North American's are most familiar with Voloshenko and Radulov because of their play over here - both look like fantastic prospects and could probably be playing in the NHL this year. Most assuredly next year.

Mr.Brownov*

Jon Prescription said:
Yes, because a small tournament will really hurt his skills and waste his talents.
It's like sending Ovechkin to play junior hockey

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Rocketfan said:
He played for team Russia at the U18's.

Now he's playing in the QMJHL for PEI.

In my opinion, it's all politics as he should have gotten an invite.

I agree...the kid's 18th in QMJHL scoring for the 2nd worst team in the entire league, other than Danny Stewart there's little else on that team for support...yet on that barnstorming tour where the Russians were getting their teeth kicked in every single night, he couldn't have been of some use?

Nah, I'm not bitter at all. ;)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Jim Beam said:
It's like sending Ovechkin to play junior hockey

Well, if he goes out and sets the record for goals, assists and points at the WJC, I'd like to see him there.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Jim Beam said:

He played against men last year as well and had more than he could handle at last year's world juniors. Sorry, but the level of play and intensity he'd face against the world's best 18 and 19 year olds is more than he'll ever face in a run of the mill RSL game against guys the majority of whom can't make the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad