Signing(s): Russell Okung signs 5 year deal with Broncos

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
He'll do what he can to "prove it" so the contract can hit the next level. Unfortunately for him that's likely to end with first contact to either ankle.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Well I guess that's what you get for representing yourself.

I would assume that it contains 5 million dollars of guaranteed, seeing as its either he's on the roster week 1 or he goes on injured reserve

Either way, this was always a one year deal with a negotiated extension

Im sure there is even more to the contract than reported eg. Guarantees kick in once the option is picked up

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The beat writers around here were all saying Seattle wasn't one of them. If fact, they didn't give him an offer at all. Curious.
I remember reading something saying Okung didn't want to re-sign in Seattle. I can't remember the details exactly.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The beat writers around here were all saying Seattle wasn't one of them. If fact, they didn't give him an offer at all. Curious.

I'm not surprised. While most of the core is locked up its always good to have cap space available. Okung isn't a team breaker either.

Notable that he was the first draft pick of the Schneider/Carrol era and is the first core guy to leave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad