GDT: Rush GDT Squared, New Jersey Yukons @ Arizona Misfit Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And then they outshot Arizona like 15-4 in the 2nd period. If one of those had gone in, we might have come back to at least get a point, but nothing did and then the 3rd goal just killed anything we had going.

Hopefully they learn that you can't always dig yourself out of a hole after a bad start, which we have done a couple of times this year. Especially given that the schedule is only going to get harder.

Why they need to juggle the PP units. Two PPs in the second and we couldn't cash in. Was killer.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Why they need to juggle the PP units. Two PPs in the second and we couldn't cash in. Was killer.

This is where we really miss Palmieri. He's the best shooter we have on the PP, and even if he doesn't score he's still a threat the PK has to account for. Without him it's a bunch of passers with no real shooting threat to account for.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is where we really miss Palmieri. He's the best shooter we have on the PP, and even if he doesn't score he's still a threat the PK has to account for. Without him it's a bunch of passers with no real shooting threat to account for.

True but two righties on the points is bad deploymebt. Need Sami to run the umbrella.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
True but two righties on the points is bad deploymebt. Need Sami to run the umbrella.

The PP is just strange lately. Two RHD on one unit, Zajac and Boyle on another. I could understand having one on each unit. Boyle is a big guy who can clean up the garbage around the net and can win faceoffs, and Zajac is good along the boards and retrieving pucks. But both on the same unit, and with Hall and Bratt? Probably not a recipe for success.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Water has a way of finding its own level.
I think that's what we are seeing of late.
Though, I think with Palms in we are much better. Heart and soul guy who plays with bite and can score.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The PP is just strange lately. Two RHD on one unit, Zajac and Boyle on another. I could understand having one on each unit. Boyle is a big guy who can clean up the garbage around the net and can win faceoffs, and Zajac is good along the boards and retrieving pucks. But both on the same unit, and with Hall and Bratt? Probably not a recipe for success.
It's Harry Dunn, our PP coach.

He's shown the ability to be able to effectively run a very good PP, but it almost seems like he purposely goes out of his way to make it worse than he can be. Is he trying to show some humbleness or something? It's like he's sandbagging over here. He's like the DeBoer of PP coaches. Knows how to coach, but is very to prone to finding ways to make it look like he really doesn't. It's a real sandbagging maneuver. He's like that guy that can blast a home run, but he doesn't wanna showboat, so he just blasts the ball enough for a single. Maybe a double if he's really feeling happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad