Runoff Poll: Eddie Shore Versus Connor McDavid

Who's the better player in an all-time sense?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
"Is" is different from could be, if the poll asks who should be placed higher in an all time ranking atm there is only one answer.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Im too young too fully appreciate Shore but I still feel comfortable voting McDavid. Sure McDavid is young but hes the best player at an extrememly young age in a league where the overall talent is at an all time high

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Shore was way before my time but I think you have to give it to the guy with 4 Harts.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
To be fair, the title states "best" and not greatest, meaning votes on ability and talent rather than achievements are justified
Ability and talent without achievements reminds me about what the Good Book says about faith without works. It's empty. Connor will fill that vessel eventually- not yet, though. Remember we're asking...
Who's the better player in an all-time sense?
...I think we've finally jumped the shark here
The Shark's not fully violated yet. And I'll do what little I can to rage against the dying of the light. But if we say that Connor is a "better player in an all-time sense" than Eddie Shore, we will not just have jumped The Shark, we will have given it a Zipless One.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
McDavid would play about 8 seconds before being done for his career. Head to head Shore would murder him, even if the rules were the same as today. Take him out, take your penalty, continue on, that’s how the men used to play.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Crosby still can’t pass Morenz after 14 years in the hoh section but Mcdavid is passing shore by the age of 24?

The HOH section is favoriting old-timers. By the end of his career, Crosby will most likely be at worst the 7th best player of all time and that’s only with a good longevity. Add in more personal hardwares and he has a really good shot at 5.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
McDavid would play about 8 seconds before being done for his career. Head to head Shore would murder him, even if the rules were the same as today. Take him out, take your penalty, continue on, that’s how the men used to play.
loooool Head to head 4th liners today beat 3/4 of the guys from Shores era

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

You mean if he could catch him first? Players today don't skate head on to still defensemen like they did in the 1930s.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
loooool Head to head 4th liners today beat 3/4 of the guys from Shores era

Pretty easy to say that from this side of the timeline. Throw our players into the 40’s with the same equipment, training, etc and you’re going to have a bunch of goons throwing down on this generations wussies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad